Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to even temporarily lift cash only status?
Drej_0z

Back in July when I first signed up, a different charge on my account was doubled, leaving me with insufficient funds in my bank account by the time Verizon processed their charges. I was instantly put on cash only.

I'm trying to pay of my current phone and pre-order a new one, but can't do that on cash only status. A friend who works for Verizon told me to call Financial Services and explain the situation, as they apparently temporarily lift the restriction if you're trying to make a payment.

I've spoken to two reps now and they have only told me a flat out no. No negotiating at all. I have to either haul over $1k in cash to the Verizon store or wait it out till February.

I've also done a lot of googling on this and people were able to successfully do this quite recently. I even said I had the money to overpay to take the restriction off early, but they still said no.

What was up with all the posts from people who said financial services actually was able to do this for them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to even temporarily lift cash only status?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Drej_0z, our Financial Services department can remove the Cash Only indicator on your account but this is generally if you meet these requirements or wait the allotted amount of time. 

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
JERRYBATEMAN40

What are the requirements to have this removed because my bank froze my account fraud protection services I tried to get the Jefferson City Missouri store to help but their answer was do,t worry about it now they want me to pay for a replacement phone cuz a co-worker shattered my phone screen 2 months I've been working on this my bill was always on time before my account was frozen 3 payments late cuz the verizon store wouldn't help canel auto pay and wouldn't take a payment cuz the system showed my bill was paid my phone was paid out early as well

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Usually it is 6 continuous months of on-time payments.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jimwayne

Same thing is happening to me. I need a replacement device and they arent willing to send me one I have been a customer for 20 years. I'm going to turn In over 5 thousand dollars in devices and go to another cellular company.

Burlison9425

Considering this myself and I just became a customer.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes