Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to get veteran discount
Jake0313

Originally posted in the incorrect spot, so reposting here.

After purchasing a new phone, upgrading all lines to various unlimited plans, and adding a connected device line (watch); I am unable to apply the veteran discount to my account through the online verification or over the phone. 

When using the 3rd party online MilVetID verification process provided by VetRewards I successfully verify my service and log in through the pop-up on the Verizon page: https://www.verizon.com/military/

However, when I try to apply this deal, I am given a Verizon message that says:

"We're sorry. We’re not able to verify the link you used and are unable to transfer to your organization’s unique discount page. Though the link did not work, you can go to our consumer discount registration page below to see if your organization offers discounts with Verizon."

I then click "Register or renew your discount" and am asked to provide a paystub or work email... something veterans don't have.

Over an hour on the phone with customer service also failed to remedy the situation. 

I am unsure why I have to re-verify my veteran status in the first place after having either the military or veteran discount for over a decade. Is there another way to activate this discount that actually works? 

0 Likes
Re: Unable to get veteran discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jake313 we're truly sorry to learn that you've been experiencing such difficulty in having your discount added. Let's take a look into this together. What method are you using when you try to apply for the deal? What is the link that you are using?  

0 Likes
Jake0313

The link I am using is the one I posted above (https://www.verizon.com/military/). On that page about 1/3 of the way down there is a section that says "Get your discount in a few easy steps." In step one, I clicked "register online" which brings up a pop-up registration process that I went through which created a VetRewards account. At the end of of that pop-up verification process I click "Get the deal". That is when the Verizon "we're sorry" message comes up preventing me from continuing to step 2. 

I have checked my newly created VetRewards profile on their page and it shows up as a verified veteran, so not sure where the issue is.     

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you, Jake0313. What plan are you currently on?

0 Likes
Jake0313

My plan has 2 phones and a watch. One line is on the Do more unlimited 5G UW plan with connected watch on an unlimited plan. The other phone is on the Play more unlimited 5G UW plan. 

0 Likes
daveliam

I have the same issue.  Did you get this resolved?  If so, how?

0 Likes
N_Petit

I brang my DD 214 to a Verizon store and got mine. First I showed them a photo of USS Tracy (DD 214) but they didn't understand.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need, daveliam. Please send us a Private Note, at your earliest convenience, we are here and happy to help in any way we can! 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
dbeaudean

I have this exact same issue and have not been able to find a fix.  Does anyone have a solution?

I followed the steps outlined on https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-discount-registration/, verified prior service via the Veterans Advantage (MilVetID) app, but re-directed to a We're Sorry page that says "We’re not able to verify the link you used and are unable to transfer to your organization’s unique discount page."  Tried logging out/in, closing everything, still get the same error message.  We were told at the Verizon store the plans we chose (Do More Unlimited and Play More Unlimited) were eligible for the discount.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
dbeaudean

I was able to get through to the Employment Validation Team and they talked me through an alternate way to submit documentation.  Go to vzw.com/discounts and select the Upload Paystub option.  Even though it says "paystub" it is the portal to upload any needed documentation such as DD214, Veteran's ID Card, etc.  Once you click on it there are actually instructions for veterans on how to fill out the form fields and it is pretty straightforward.

Seems to me that Verizon needs to update their links and app integration.  The Veterans Advantage (MilVetID) approach never worked for me and the touch tone menu options for veterans on the Employment Validation menu (800-890-8007) told me to go to verizon.com/militarydiscounts which is a non-existent webpage.  The functionality to upload your DD214 is there but hidden behind the "Upload Paystub" button that I doubt many of us would have known to click on.

0 Likes