Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to receive text message from Web Sites and Apps
PISCEAN72

I am not receiving text messages with security codes from websites and Apps (those which have 2 -step verification). I do receive text messages from friends and from verizon. Just don't receive the ones sent from portals. I have checked all the basic settings and there is no "block/restrict' done by me.

Has anyone seen this issue before and how to work around it.

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to receive text message from Web Sites and Apps
lukevinyl

Have you by chance done any blocking at http://vzw.com/spamcontrols or http://vzw.com/usagecontrols ??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Piscean72, we definitely want to make sure your phone is taking you through all the proper security measures required. I understand your concern. What specifically drew you to this conclusion? Is there a particular application in which you are not receiving a confirmation texts from or have you experienced this with several different sites and applications?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PISCEAN72

I can't receive the text message from multiple sites such as yahoo, IRS etc. Also unable to receive text messages with verification code from a number of apps such as "Prosper Daily"

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

PISCEAN72, being able to receive text messages to your mobile device is very important, as this allows you stay in contact with friends, family members, and business associates. We'll do everything we can to help get this matter resolved for you. Just a few quick questions to get to the bottom of this matter. How long have you been experiencing this issue? (e.g. not receiving texts from multiple sites such as Yahoo, IRS, etc. and unable to receive texts with verification code from some apps, .eg. Prosper Daily, etc.). Have you ever been able to receive texts from Yahoo, IRS, Prosper Daily, etc.? RobertC_VZW  

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PISCEAN72

I joined Verizon recently, may be a week ago and experiencing the issue since then. I was able to receive the text messages with the old provider,

Thanks,

Bubu

Sent from my iPhone

MARSIM92

did you get this fixed? i'm having the same issue since joining verizon a couple of weeks ago

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MARSIM92, that is definitely not the experience we want you to have. What is the make and model of your phone? Have you done any troubleshooting yet?

0 Likes
Jacindawn

I’m having this same issue. I didn’t really care all that much until I got a new phone and now I’m not able to verify my Facebook account. I had this problem with my other phone too but, I have other apps attached to my Facebook and I don’t want to start new accounts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly don't want your messages to be missed. To properly troubleshoot this issue with you, please provide the make and model of your device and what messaging application you are using to receive text messages.

BrittanyK_VZW

0 Likes