Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to update the current Emergency address at this time
JohnPen

Just got a new phone.  It is the TCL 30.  Not the greatest, not the worse, but a new phone just the same.  The activation process was not too bad, but now have a standing "phone-icon" notification stuck on top of the screen.  When I pull down the notification, it says:

Wi-Fi Calling

Tap here to confirm or update emergency location information for Wi-Fi Calling.  This will allow you to make and receive voice calls when the cellular network isn't available.

Once I click on it, I get the message that is the post topic

"Unable to update the current Emergency address at this time, please try again later"  

Trying to call cust service is an absolute joke.  When I describe the issue, the automated system tells me to handle it through chat.  Chat does not recognize the issue.  I either want to resolve the issue, or find a way to make the problem go-away permanently.

I will add that Wi-Fi calling is not enabled, as per the message on the phone when trying to do so "unable to activate Wi-Fi calling at this time.  Please try again later."

0 Likes
Re: Unable to update the current Emergency address at this time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, JohnPen! We understand how having access to Wi-Fi Calling is very convenient. Let's work together here to ensure that address can be updated. At this time, we've sent a Private Note. Please meet us there to continue. 

~Gina

0 Likes