Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Unable to upgrade online
Toram

I am having trouble upgrading a line through the web browser. I went to the store to try and upgrade and they told me it had to be done online because they don't have the phone I want in stock. Now I just keep getting an error message whenever I try to do it. 

After doing some searching online it looks like this is a fairly common issue that has been popping up over quite a few years. The most recent thread was locked after many people complained. The fact that this issue is still ongoing and causing problems is unfortunate when it's clear that it's been a problem for quite some time. 

0 Likes
Re: Unable to upgrade online
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Upgrading should always be an exciting time! What is the error that you're getting when trying to process your upgrade? Do you run into the same problem with the app?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Toram

I usually get either 

"Your request could not be processed at this time.
Please try again later. "

or

"We are unable to process the request at this time. Please try after sometime"

Day after day it's the same problem. Getting very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Toram! We're sorry to read that you're having trouble with My Verizon, and we're happy to help. Are you able to access My Verizon? Is this only when you try to complete the upgrade? ~Aaron

0 Likes
Toram

I am able to browse the site and access most of my account information. However I keep getting the error when I try to look through the store for the phone I want or try to start the upgrade process. Then I get one of the two errors. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Toram, we appreciate the helpful information you provided. Getting errors is a pain we do not want you to have when you use our website. Have you tried using a different web browser? Do you experience the same issue when you use the My Verizon mobile app? -Jacob

0 Likes
KrystalF0724

Toram, 

You're not alone. I've been stuck in this same vicious circle for over a month. I was able to add a phone to my "cart" through the automated chat, but could never check out. I tried on the app on my phone, the app on my iPad, safari browser on my iPad and safari on my MacBook and I still get the same issues. I've tried completely deleting the app, clearing browser histories, clearing cookies, everything I can think of I see the EXACT same errors you are. I can't upgrade 2 of my lines and missed out on the $1000 because I live in a remote area of Colorado and the closest Verizon store is over 2 hours away. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want to upgrade easily. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
KrystalF0724

I sent a message over a week ago and still no response. I’d like to upgrade my lines but I still can’t do anything on any platform. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sure you are excited to do your upgrade, KrystalF0724. The last thing you want is having issues with our systems. We will figure this out and help you. Can you tell me more about what is happening? Please elaborate. -Amber

0 Likes