Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to upgrade, order pending
ddaveejr

Today I went to upgrade my iPhone Xs Max to an iPhone 12 pro max and after placing the order on-line I discovered that in the order the ship to address was misspelled, not being able to find a way to fix it I called Verizon support and after being on hold for over 30 minutes decided to try the chat feature in the myverizon app, still had to wait another 15 minutes for a live agent to respond, but once he did he informed me that since the order was on backorder I should just cancel the order and submit a new one. Sounds simple, I cancelled the order, waited for the confirmation email and then tried to place a new order which failed with "You currently have a pending order for this line of service...". So back to contacting support, after waiting for about 15 minutes a rep came on, I explained the situation, she looked at my account said that she saw the order and that it was cancelled but had no idea what the problem was, her suggestion was to clear the browser cache, if that did not work try the myVerizon app. I tried both and got the same message on both. So off to trying to contact someone... I called the number in the message and was on hold for about 30 minutes, talked to the rep, the rep spent about 1 hour going back and forth with their supervisor and eventually gave up and suggested that I be transferred to a sales rep and perhaps they could help get the order placed.

Hopefully someone at Verizon support monitors this and can help get this resolved, as I'm very tempted to switch to another service as their customer support is lacking.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to upgrade, order pending
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to read that you are having issues with setting up a new order, and we're here to help. Is this order being placed on the site or app? 

0 Likes
ddaveejr

The error occurs in both the browser and in the app. 

0 Likes
dafesq

I have a similar issue. Ordered upgrade to IPhone 12 from IPhone7 for son's Xmas to be delivered to his local store.  Store contacted him and said out of stock and they were cancelling the order.  $ was put back on my credit card two days later but now the  7 purchased in 2017 shows it won't be eligible for an upgrade until 2023.  My son decided to get an IPhone 11 because store told him it was in stock.  When I went to place order on line, said I still had a pending order so could not order.  On line assistant said couldn't help, gave me number to call.  Turns out that was sales, who said they couldn't help because it was a new line, referred me to tech support, who said they only helped with devices, and referred me to customer support.  3 hours of being on hold, having calls dropped, and using the call back system, rep said they would have to outsmart the computer.  He transferred the upgrade to my husband's line and ordered the 11 and told me email would show no change to service, only amount needed for upgraded phone to start payments.  WRONG!!!  Email showed my current 3 lines (including the old 7) and bill, then an added duplicate amount for son's line (one of the 3) of an additional $107 monthly but labeled as new line  I was told not to worry about what looked like a duplicate charge, that I could always dispute it with credit card company.  I did not sign the paperwork and am looking for another carrier for all lines.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That last thing that we want is for you to have not been given the correct information when you needed it. We would be heartbroken if you left the Verizon family over there. Our goal here is to help out in any way that we can. Please send us a Private Note here so that we can fully address and assist with making this situation right. 

Erin_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We can further look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes
Will2021

Oh my god! I cannot tell you how frustrating this has been! I’ve been trying to upgrade my phone since Thursday and I kept getting the message “it looks like you have a pending order on your account.”

finding this odd I chatted with an agent who referred me to the call center. Fine, cool. After being on the Phone for 58 minutes we found out that there was a mysterious order dating back to December. Somehow the agent can see it but cannot cancel it. Since that call dropped I called again. Same thing Agent saw it but couldn’t cancel it. Placed me on hold for another 45 minutes said she would escalate it and follow up with me on Friday. It is Sunday and thank god I’m not holding my breath for her call. 

I tried the app and the and website and I CANNOT Find an order to cancel. It literally says that there are no pending orders except for a phone replacement with asurion back on December that I’m assuming has to do with this. But the phone was replaced, mailed, delivered, and been used. I also sent the defected phone back.

it seems like there is a glitch on the system that just cannot be fixed. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN CACEL THIS 10+ YEAR SERVICE VERIZON FREE OF ANY CANCELATION CHARGES OR WHATEVER OTHER RIDICULOUS FEES YOU GUYS MIGHT TRY TO PULL.

I have never been so upset with a company’s service, I literally never even bother writing read reviews but you guys truly know how to upset people to the point that it makes you physically sick!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Will2021, we appreciate your many years with us and are heartbroken to hear of this recent experience of trying to get your phone upgraded. We should always be standing by our promise to follow up with you and it's not acceptable that we dropped the ball on that. We want to get caught up on what has been investigated on our end to determine the next best step. Since this involved account information we will send a Private Note to continue. 

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
lala32

SAme here. 16 years and I am leaving for the same "glitch" can't get new phones because I show a pending order but the order shows completed. it was a simple stupid SIM card for an old phone still on Verizon. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here to help get that old order cleared out if you need us. - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes