Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to upgrade phone online due to non-existent upgrade order.
RobDil

Attempted to upgrade one of my three phones on Oct 22. Received 4 requests over three days to accept agreement. Each attempt was reported as successful by the webpage. Called Customer Care and completed another 3 attempts but e-mail messages continued. At Verizon request I cancelled the order on Oct 26 and received confirmation of the cancellation. Verizon was unable to process the upgrade as they were unable to get rid of the pending order. I was told to try again in 24 hours. The following message was received on each attempt: We are unable to process the request at this time. Please try after sometime.

Latest daily attempts result in:
   There's an upgrade already in progress for this line, but you can always upgrade another device on your account.

A number of chats were circular in that I would start with Sales, transfer to Customer Care, transfer to Sales and round and round. Same conclusion by Verizon that they had to raise a ticket to remove the cancelled pending order from the system. At least four tickets have been raised but the problem continues.

Today's call to 800-922-0204 tells me to call back when the pending order is resolved. Perhaps I can speak with a human when I take the three lines to AT&T.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to upgrade phone online due to non-existent upgrade order.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry about this entire situation RobDil. I can understand the frustration with not receiving a status of it being resolved soon. We want to make sure this is fixed so that you can upgrade that line and enjoy a new phone soon. Did the representative who filed the last ticket advise of a timeframe for it to be resolved? When is the last time you spoke with someone and had that last ticket filed? 

-Kinquana

0 Likes
RobDil

Chat with a Customer Care tech (no name provided) and after two hours the following was provided at 17:17, Nov 6:

I can't apologize enough for this experience you had. I only want you to get the upgrade that you really desire. Believe Robert, We have really exhausted everything here to get this upgrade order working, we really ust need to have the pending order removed. We made sure that a ticket was in place for this to be removed and that you can check on it with in 24 thours

Agent

The ticket mentioned was the third ticket raised if your people can be believed. Last chat was with Nathan at 21:08, Nov 7. Nathan had stated that he was trying to get his supervisor but after waiting a further 20 minutes with no response I ended the session.

It is obvious that I am not alone with this issue and it appears that it has been occurring to others for some months. 

I would have thought that my account would have shown any tickets raised for this or any issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the helpful information, RobDil. We apologize for this experience and we understand this is important for you. We want to take a second look at this situation and check on these tickets. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together.

- Gerson

0 Likes
RobDil

-Gerson.

The order had been cancelled on Oct 26 as directed by Verizon during one of my early calls. The problem with the order started with e-mails asking me to "Accept your agreement to receive your device." I would click the "Complete your order", roll to the bottom of each statement, check the box and then clicked the Accept button. Each time, all seven attempts, would report that the agreement was successful but the messages continued. After the seventh time the Tech suggested that cancelling the order would let me restart the process. I did receive an e-mail on Oct 26 stating:

Your order is cancelled.
You will not be billed for any merchandise. If you woule like to place a new order, please visit your local Verizon sore or shop online.

Order details
Order reference number:
Order date: 10/22/2021

Since that time I have not been able to place an order because of the "pending order" although my account reports that the order is cancelled and phone number is upgradable.

0 Likes
RobDil

It has been 28 days since the beginning of this process. Upgrading should be easy as your TV and web advertising tells it. So, I intend to finish my 12 years with Verizon and move to a carrier that has a handle on their systems. I am not alone with this particular issue and it has been hampering your customers for way too long.

0 Likes