Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to use verizon on google play payments
MistyD2

I am unable to use my verizon wireless account on google play. I hit enable it tells me that I'm unable to use verizon wireless account billing on google play and to contact phone provider but right before that it was saying unable to verify account. I have tried everything I know of to get it to work but all efforts have failed me. 

0 Likes
Re: Unable to use verizon on google play payments
acraftylady2

Never used it as I always just buy a play card from the store and add it to my Google account.  Have you read the FAQ's?

https://www.verizon.com/support/google-carrier-billing-faqs/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important to have your payment method set up in your Google account just the way you want it, MistyD2. We're here to help in any way we can. To make sure we're on the same page, do you meet all of the eligibility requirements listed next to #3 here: http://vz.to/2Mn5qah? If so, you also mentioned that you are seeing another error in your Google account. Have you seen the "Unable to Verify Account" error before? Aside from Carrier Billing, are you able to download apps and make purchases when necessary using another payment method?

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
JoeS5

I have been having this issue too. I've used this payment method several times in the past.. I don't know if it's an upgrade issue but my phone just went to Android 11 and Google play just had an upgrade too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure that you can use the preferred payment for your purchases. When was the last time you were able to bill purchases to your Verizon account? What happens when you try to use it now? 

0 Likes
JoeS5

12/23/2020 according to the Google Play store. The response I received is, "It is not possible to process this payment at this time. Please try again later." I have been receiving this message since 1/1/2021. I tried another game with the same message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for those details as that helps. I too have run into issues like this in the past, normally after a device upgrade. So the first thing you will want to do is go directly into your Google pay and update your payment methods see here https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/4646404?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

If you have used the bill to the account previously, it will be listed there as one of your methods, you want to remove it from that list. Then from your phone attempt to make a purchase from the game of your choice and when faced with how you would like to pay, select the Verizon bill to account. You will then need to verify your account information in order to proceed. Once that has been updated this way you will be good. Does that help?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes