Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unauthorized Changes To My Account Services (illegally changed by chat support)
sabevissia

So I am going to keep this as short as possible with enough detail to get the idea of what is happening.

So I discovered on 03/22/2021 that two different Verizon Chat Support agents had made unauthorized changes to my customer account (paid services removed/added) without my request/permission or authorization. Which is illegal in the state of Oregon, don't know about other states. Those changes had been made on 03/03/2021 and I was not notified about them by the agent who made the changes. Also changes were made on 03/22/2021 by the chat support agent after I had already disconnected from him, so he should have left me account the heck alone once I got disconnected.

I have called in to support but have not had this issue properly addressed at this time. No one, not a single person, seems to be taking the fact that two different Verizon Chat Support agents on two different days made changes without me giving them authorization to do so or even telling them to make the changes. 

The only ok thing at this point is that the unauthorized changes have already been fixed and someone gave me a $14 credit to help cover the time I was paying for one of the add-ons that was removed by the agent without my authorization (basically I paid for a service that day, and they removed it that night without refunding me or letting me know). 

I want to speak with the Corporate Office at this point as this is beyond frustrating to keep running into Verizon Agents that just don't get it. This is a very huge deal to me and completely violates my trust but yet everyone seems to think undoing the changes and giving me a small credit will make those trust issues go away. 

I need to know more about how the changes were made and why the agents thought it was ok to do this. An apology from both agents would be nice, but an apology directly from Corporate Office would also cover it. I want the chat logs from both agents for my chats with them when they made those changes without my authorization. I want to know if they are actually going to be reprimanded for performing illegal changes (changes without my authorization are technically illegal in this state) or are they going to basically get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again? I want to know how Verizon is going to rebuild my trust with them? I want to also know why not a single person told me that if I ever canceled my phone services that any already set up payment contracts are immediately terminated and any remaining balance for the arranged payment contract? 

There is definitely more and more details for these issues/concerns but I would like that to be between me and an actual Corporate Office representative.

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized Changes To My Account Services (illegally changed by chat support)
sabevissia

Things just keep getting worse with this issue/situation with my account. I did find a corporate number I am going to contact today to see if they care or not.

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized Changes To My Account Services (illegally changed by chat support)
sabevissia

Called into the Executive Support line at 800-483-7988. Unfortunately it appears that this number with choosing option three (the only one that made sense based on my issue) just ends up dropping me back into the regular phone support line. I disconnected and called it again, choosing option two this time (business line I guess) to see if I could reach Executive Support. Unfortunately after testing no option available at that number actually takes you to Executive Support. They all either drop you back into standard Customer Care Support or ends the call so this was a waste of time.

0 Likes
sabevissia

And looking through the community it appears that I am not the only customer that has had unauthorized changes done to their account. Why is this appearing to be normal for Verizon?

0 Likes
NoLongerVerizonUser

They charged me 90$ for the plan that is clearly outlined as 80$ on their website.

This company is a scam.  

0 Likes
NoLongerVerizonUser

My experience has been fairly similar.  They are scamming me and every "help" line has been worthless.

Anyone reading this.. Save your time and money.  Literally ANY other cell provider is better than this.  I used to think US cellular was bad... Verizon is by far the worst I have ever had.  I am not even exaggerating.

0 Likes
sabevissia

I have had Verizon since 2018 and had not have any issues until March of this year. Unfortunately it seems that everything decided to go wrong this month. The unauthorized changes, the new upgraded phone that was only four months old having wireless charging issues and then the replacement started having the same issues six days after getting it. Verizon agents lying to me, misleading me and straight up just not doing what they said they were going to do. 

I have no idea if this is actually the normal or not and I have just been lucky up to this month not having any real issues before that. I did get in contact with an escalated team that will be reaching back out to me in the next couple of days hopefully but I am not holding my breath at this point until I actually see a proper resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You should always have all the details about the charges on your bill. I am so sorry for any miscommunication or confusion with that, and I can help you. In addition to this message, I will send you a Private Note, so we can continue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would never want any unauthorized changes to be made on your account. To allow us to look into this properly, please leave us a Private Note here, or reach out to us online at VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook, or over the phone at 1-800-922-0204. 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
sabevissia

Unfortunately all support avenues you mentioned are part of the problem. I can't trust any of them at this point. Also the Executive Relations that was supposed to get back to me. They never did so I will be trying one more time to see if they care.

0 Likes