Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unauthorized Charges debited directly from my checking account
tomcrawley13

While reviewing my checking account I noticed that every few weeks I have been charged small amounts ($2-$7) under the title "VERIZON VZ BILLPAY". I do not have any services at all ever directly debited from my checking account. There was also another very large charge under the same title as well. I did a quick Google search and it sounds like this is a scam that has been around for some time. I also noticed that there were previous posts here about this, however, they were from a few years ago. I have contacted my bank already. I am hoping there is someone here from Verizon familiar with this who can help me out. Thanks

Re: Unauthorized Charges debited directly from my checking account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is concerning to hear that you have unauthorized charges stating they are from Verizon Wireless. Do you have an active Verizon Wireless account? JoshuaC_VZW

kprevost12

Yes I do. On 11/16 two charges were pulled from my checking account . One for $7.78 and the other for $22.24. Then on 11/30 another $22.24 was pulled. Both say VZONDEMAND VZ BILLPAY

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We will get to the bottom of this as I know the importance of having the payments secure! I apologize for any inconvenience. Please send a Private Note here and we can offer you more personalized account support. -Yale

0 Likes
LoriG921

I have this issue too. Verizon customer support is not helping. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Receiving unexpected charges on my bill is very alarming. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me some details of the charge and if it has a  number next to it?

-Rodney

0 Likes