Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unauthorized charges to bank account
vaughnte

Bank statement showed two unauthorized transactions against account from "Vz Wireless Ve Vzw Webpay ***1108" on 02/18/22 and 02/25/22.     We have contacted the bank...and gone through the pain of discontinuing the compromised account...but we have not been reimbursed.   The verizon fraud phone number is a merri-go-round of redirection that eventually lands you at "thank you and good-bye".   The bank account in question belongs to an elderly family member in assisted living who doesn't even have a verizon phone/account.    Is there a legitimate verizon resolution path to recovering the money?...or at least determining who targeted the bank account and for what purchase/payment?     As big as verizon is...you would think they would have a non-automated fraudulent department.   

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Unauthorized charges to bank account
acraftylady2

I am surprised your bank won't do anything.  We had the same thing happen with Comcast a few years ago out of the blue.  We don't have Comcast in NY and have nothing to do with them.  Bank investigated and reversed the charges and all I had to do was to alert the fraud department at comcast.

View solution in original post

Re: Unauthorized charges to bank account
acraftylady2

I am surprised your bank won't do anything.  We had the same thing happen with Comcast a few years ago out of the blue.  We don't have Comcast in NY and have nothing to do with them.  Bank investigated and reversed the charges and all I had to do was to alert the fraud department at comcast.