Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unauthorized mobile device protection added to my account
agrutman

Trying to understand why this is still an issue as I see a history of people complaining that device protection was added without either their knowledge or permission. These complaints date back to 2018!

In my case, I feel that a call center that is contracted with Verizon is trying to boost their stats by adding options that they probably receive incentives for pushing onto customers. I originally called to complain about the b.s 'upgrade fee' that is charged for absolutely no reason other than to penalize you for purchasing a device through Verizon as opposed to an outside retailer. After asking the customer care reps to transfer me to the retention team, in both cases I was 'kicked' out by either transferring me to Sling TV customer service (which had no idea why I was there) or they simply muted themselves in the hopes that I would disconnect the call to avoid dinging their stats (which I didn't and waited them out, thereby ruining their call resolution time).

I'm guessing that in the end, the call center tried to improve their stats by added some of those incentivized options, so in the middle of the night I received a text saying "The Vz Mobile Protect Multi-dvc feature you requested has been added to your account..." then followed by four emails welcoming me to Verizon Mobile Protect Multi-Device. To be clear, this was not an accident by myself or anyone else as I'm the only one managing the account. I never inquired or was interested in this protection and never authorized it.

I contacted their internal fraud team to let them know about the issue. They ended up adding notes to the account, then transferred me to another customer care rep, who tried to remove the protection, but was unable to since the protection was just added overnight and the system returned an error indicating that their cancellation order was 'conflicting' with the addition order.

What's going on here and how is this legal? What if I missed those texts or emails? I see people asking for refunds and they only get back six months worth of charges. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Unauthorized mobile device protection added to my account
agrutman

Followup -

To those wondering, Verizon reached out immediately when this was posted and their social media team was able to quickly resolve the issue. They were able to apparently perform account changes that other departments were restricted on doing on the account to correct the issue. They did assure me that the issue was going to be escalated to their leadership team for review since it was concerning that this even happened.

As of right now, the issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in our Community Forum. After reviewing your feedback, it saddens us to view the information you've shared.

That's certainly not the way Verizon does business with its customers. It's never Verizon's intention to inconvenience any of its customers. We apologize for your inconvenience, and we'd like to assist you with addressing and resolving your account concerns. I know we can.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Sign into your MyVerizon account online and remove the the mobile protection from your account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
agrutman

Followup -

To those wondering, Verizon reached out immediately when this was posted and their social media team was able to quickly resolve the issue. They were able to apparently perform account changes that other departments were restricted on doing on the account to correct the issue. They did assure me that the issue was going to be escalated to their leadership team for review since it was concerning that this even happened.

As of right now, the issue has been resolved.

0 Likes