Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unauthorized plan change
capitolz

I have been a Verizon customer for 8-10 years. For 6+ I have been on a "more everything" plan with 8-10 lines active during this time period. We occasionally go over on data, upgrade phones as needed, and sometimes add/remove lines along the way. 

I was floored recently to receive a bill and find that it had gone up by more than 200%! Our bill historically has been <$350, but was suddenly over $1000.

One of the lines was now mysteriously enrolled in something simply called "new calling plan" ($350) as well as "nationwide talk and text" and a new 2gb data plan!! How is this even possible for a phone that is simultaneously enrolled in an existing (And longstanding) "more everything plan"?

Another line also seemed to have mysteriously lost its "$25 off smartphone month2month" credit.

I immediately called customer service and after 95+ minutes of hold-time and sometime with an agent ("Angel" agent id vilje3b) I was assured that the situation was unusual, was being addressed, and that they would personally contact me within a few business days to follow up. 

Ten days later and with the HUGE bill pending, I contacted text customer service and after some back and forth, they informed me that they actually do not have access to the phone record and would not be able to help me further. They suggested scheduling ANOTHER call with customer service. They were also unable/unwilling to share any current or previous chat transcripts.

My historical billing and verbal phone conversation with "Angel" would indicate that this is some sort of glitch on Verizon's end. This was an unauthorized and nonsensical change. As a consumer, to have to spend HOURS of my time resolving this matter should be embarrassing to Verizon. This should be resolve NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Without quick resolution and some just compensation for my wasted time, I will certainly consider taking our business (and the associated 10 lines) elsewhere. 

0 Likes