Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlimited Data Plan Ending Soon?
Catcher6

I am on the fence about switching from my current Verizon Plan (12 GB plus 6 GB bonus data for $80 minus 15% discount, and 3 (x$20) line access fees. )  My son could definitely use more data as he uses a hot spot connection for his recording studio (commercial building internet service too expensive for his budget at this time.), but so far we've been getting by with Family Base and giving him some of our "share" of the data towards the end of the month.

Under my current offers my my Verizon page, it states that unlimited data is "ending soon".  Does anyone know when this is ending?  I thought that all of the major cell phone companies were trying to stay competitive and that unlimited data is here to stay.

Any thoughts as to whether or not this is something I should worry about, or just a marketing strategy?

Thanks, in advance, or any wisdom on the subject.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Unlimited Data Plan Ending Soon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do not have a projected end date for unlimited, but if you believe there is any advantage to move to it, we would encourage doing so. If your current plan and features work for you and your family, there'd be no need to switch.

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

Nothing I could find on my page suggests that the offer would be ending soon, but they can end an offer whenever they feel like it.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Nothing Verizon has said about the "new" unlimited plan says anything about it being a limited time offer.

Regardless, are you aware that a hotspot on the new unlimited plan only gets 10 GB of data at 4G speeds before it is limited to 3G speeds of 600 kbps. If he needs more data when you currently have a monthly allowance of 18 GB combined, it may not be what you expect once he is limited to 3G data speeds.

Catcher6

On my offers page is says: "Ends soon. Click below to view limited time offers."  The only offer listed is to switch to unlimited data.  I don't know whether or not this is a generic "ends soon" for any listed offers.

I Googled it, and can't find any references to unlimited data ending soon, but I do know that they can end offers whenever they want.Smiley Sad

Catcher6

I had forgotten about the 10GB hotspot limit.  It looks like I need to talk to my son again to ask him the size of his files.

I had put this on the back burner, but got a little worried when I saw the "Ends soon" notice, above the invitation to switch to an unlimited plan.

lewisr13
Leader

The "Ends soon. Click below to view limited time offers." on the my offers page does appear to be generic. Mine says that but I don't have an offer for unlimited, just and offer for Family base. I do not have unlimited data, I'm still on the 8GB plan.

Catcher6

Thanks, that's good to know.  It's a little confusing, because unlimited data and family base are available to everyone, but maybe Verizon is just trying to create a sense of urgency if you don't take them up on their offer?

Catcher6

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do not have a projected end date for unlimited, but if you believe there is any advantage to move to it, we would encourage doing so. If your current plan and features work for you and your family, there'd be no need to switch.

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
COOLASICE1999

I wish they would bring back the 12+2 plan or even just 12gb for $80...   Now it's either 8gb or unlimited...