Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlimited Plan - Bait and Switch
ctr123

Short Version: I was lied to about a promotion just so that I would switch my plan to unlimited.  I was given the run around when trying to figure out why, then lied to again when they said they would give me the credit while they investigate.

Longer Version:

I received a text stating that I could save $25 for upgrading to an unlimited plan, I was on the 8GB XL plan previously. I called and spoke to an agent to get more details. After going through all the information, i was assured my bill would be $27 cheaper than my current bill, so i made the switch. Later that day, I checked what my estimated bill would be and it was almost $40/mo more. I have spent countless hours on chat trying to figure out why i was lied to and I keep getting passed around and the issue constantly ignored.  Once I got someone to address it, they lied again saying that they would give me the credit.

I have had this issue with previous promotions and i feel like this deceptive practice is not a one off event. They say that it will be reflected in 1-2 cycles hoping that we will forget about what was promised. When you call to rectify the situation, they give you the run around and again promise it will be fixed in 1-2 cycles.

Re: Unlimited Plan - Bait and Switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You always deserve clear and accurate information so you can make the best decision for your needs when making changes. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please send a Private Note and we can offer you more personalized support to get to the bottom of this.  -Yale

0 Likes
ctr123

Here's an update:

I called Verizon and went through the issue....surprise surprise, "there's nothing we can do"  I asked if they could revert my account to what I had before.  Of course they can't, but they could offer me a more expensive plan.  I asked if she thought it was unfair that I was lied to and now all I am left with is paying more because I believed the rep?  She called it a miscommunication...I call it a lie and deceptive practices. Reps should be held accountable for what they tell their customers.  They record these calls for better training, how about going back to the call where I was promised something to make the switch.

I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau (https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/basking-ridge/profile/cell-phone-supplies/verizon-wireless-0221-1001468),  the FTC. (https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/)  and the FCC (https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us)

Nancy Clark (Senior Vice President & Group President - Consumer Sales & Service) will be receiving and email and so will Ronan Dunne (if i can find his email) will be next on my email list.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ctr123, I'm terribly sorry to hear that you feel like you've not been getting the support you need. It never hurts to re-evalate and take a look at a problem with a fresh set of eyes. To do that I sent you a Private Note, and we look forward to hearing from you there. -John

0 Likes
bl25

You are absolutely correct!!! I just spent over an hour on the phone with 3 different representatives  and supposedly a "supervisor" and got NO WHERE! Except the same message you received, "there's nothing we can do".  They dont care about long time customers, all they care about is the bottom line and that is more $$$$$$, period.  I have been searching around and asking friends/family etc what cell service they have and have received a lot of great feedback about T... (not A*&*). Their senior plans are $20-30 LESS (2 phones with UNLIMITED) than a 2 phone Verizon plan with ONLY 2G (shared)!!!!  AND the competitor plan (prepaid) is with taxes included!!!! AND if you have Netflix they offer $$ off there as well; so it makes it even cheaper per month. 

This is definitely it for me having Verizon, I should have switched years ago when the competitors started lowering their prices and show they really care about their customers. FB, IG and other social media, I will be posting my experience with Verizon and why people should go elsewhere!!

If you ever hear back from any of the contacts you mentioned in your message, would be nice to know the outcome.

0 Likes