Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlimited Plans Not Available for All Customers
Abrown_2613

I was sad to learn today that I couldn’t take advantage of any unlimited plans due to my service address. This was disappointing as I just had checked around 6-8 months ago about unlimited plans and was told that I could upgrade if I enrolled in auto pay. I’m kicking myself for not upgrading then because I was interested in upgrading both of my existing lines to the new iPhone 13 Pro but couldn’t take advantage of the current promotion ($440 off with qualified trade in) because I do not have an unlimited plan. I did speak with two individuals today, both of which who were very nice and polite. They informed me that promotions do change from time to time, and sometimes there are specific promotions that are available specific for certain accounts, so to check back via phone or chat with Verizon to see if there are any running at that time. It feels as if customers who cannot take advantage of the unlimited plans, not because they don’t want to might I add, but because they can’t, are being punished and don’t have the same money saving options as those who can. Please add additional promotions or options for those of us who want to actively spend money with you, but don’t want to spend the full retail price on these phones. With technology advancements, as as large as a provider as Verizon is, its crazy to me that there are still areas that cannot have access to unlimited data plans as most of its clientele. Even one of the reps I spoke to day made the comment, we’ll its very rare that there are even still some places out there that don’t have access to unlimited data plans….luckily I live in one of those places. 

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Plans Not Available for All Customers
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Where are you located that you can't change your plan to one of the unlimited plans? City and zip code only please. Do you live in an extended service area? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Abrown_2613

Moravian Falls, NC 28654

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That location should have the Verizon 4G LTE network. Have you signed into your MyVerizon account online and attempted to change your plan? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Abrown_2613

Oh yes. I get to the screen before the actual unlimited plans display, only when I click next, it says an error had occurred and to try again later. That’s why I reached out to chat. 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

If you are using a browser try a different one or try the app.  So they deny people in certain areas unlimited?   

0 Likes
Abrown_2613

I tried that too, the app on my phone, safari and chrome on my browser, and edge on my PC and still the same thing. I guess so, or at least that’s what they told me. 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Wow didn't know Verizon did that in certain areas.  Guess I would find a provider that offers unlimited in your area.  Surely they can't all do that.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Have you tried using a different web browser? *Estevan

0 Likes
Abrown_2613

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Have you tried using a different web browser? *Estevan

Yes, as noted in a previous reply in this thread, I’ve used the app on my phone, Safari and Chrome browsers on my Mac, and Edge browser on my PC and experienced the same issue. Also spoke with representatives with Verizon via chat that stated the reason I was receiving that error was because unlimited isn’t available in my area. 

0 Likes