Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlocked no Voice mail
sunsale

Time to😡 Dump Verizon. No voicemail with my new unlocked phone. No other cell provider is doing this. If you need voice mail till you can select a new service provider. Go to play store and 😃 👉Download YouMail Visual Voice Mail 4.5 stars. Way better than the garbage verizon has. They must of lost all their programing talent during covid i9 or their just a bunch of greedy scum. LIKE I SAID TIME TO  🖕DUMP THE INCOMPETENT GREEDY VERIZON.

ATT PROVIDES A GOOD SERVICE AND DOESNT KILL YOUR VOICEMAIL IF YOU HAVE A UNLOCKED PHONE. BUT I REALLY LIKE THE FREE YOUMAIL PROGRAM. YouMail is better than the garbage VM  Verizon gives for free on their greed phones.

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked no Voice mail
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Verizon Wireless has clearly stated in numerous places that carrier exclusive features like Visual Voicemail aren't available on Unlocked phones that aren't Verizon Wireless branded. If one brings a SIM unlocked phone to Verizon Wireless network they need to be aware of the limitations or purchase a SIM unlocked phone with those features that are compatible across multiple carriers like the Visual Voicemail option with the phone application on the Pixel phones.

Personally, I prefer the free Basic Non-visual voicemail service from VZW even though I have a phone capable of a visual voicemail interface that isn't VZW exclusive system.

The Basic Non-visual voicemail will work with a SIM unlocked phone on the Verizon Wireless network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked no Voice mail NOTIFICATION OR ICON
sunsale

Sure it works but you dont get any notifications. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@sunsale wrote:

Sure it works but you dont get any notifications. 

The reason why you might not be getting notifications of a voicemail is if your MyVerizon account online still thinks you are subscribed to a visual voicemail. Once you remove that subscription and have the basic non-visual voicemail feature assigned to the line, you will get the notifications for a new voicemail using the basic non-visual voicemail. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Daphne01

Can you unsucribe from this yourself in the account app or do you need to contact tech support?

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Open the voicemail app and click the 3 dots in the upper right.  Mine says upgrade to premium so imagine yours should say cancel premium.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to be sure that your concerns are addressed and resolved, Daphne01. Are you experiencing a similar issue with your Visual Voicemail feature? Do you have an unlocked device as well?

-Marshall

0 Likes