Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upgrade costs applied to wrong line
martin135

We bought a new upgrade for one line that was eligible to renew, but verizon is showing the upgrade's monthly payment plan on the other line. The phone numbers are correct on each line, but now it looks like I can't upgrade the other line that was also eligible for an upgrade. Now it says pay off phone costs early to upgrade. How do I get verizon to change the payment info to the correct line for our recent upgrade?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade costs applied to wrong line
glitchedpixel

If the agreement is on the wrong line assuming both had upgrades and you're paying the bill -- you can upgrade the other line. Pricing wise nothing will be different which phones have what payments.

Alternatively, you can call CS and tell them to move the agreement. That part takes less than a minute to do, but the hold times could very well be an hour.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for visiting, Martin135. We know it's important to upgrade your device when necessary. We're happy to help out. As glitchedpixel mentioned, if both phone lines already had completed their prior device payment, there won't actually be any difference between upgrading one from the other. As long as that is the case, you can feel free to upgrade the other line, and then just move the phone to the line you want it on. If that is not the case, and only one line had completed the agreement, that would be the reason the other line was used for the upgrade. When you see a prompt to complete a pay off, that means the line isn't eligible, so likely only one was eligible. Does this information help? EricW_VZW

martin135

Yes thank you. I think I will upgrade the one (although it was the most recent upgrade) and then change my line to that new phone and the other line to the correct phone.

0 Likes