Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upgrade rip off?
TOMDECANT

If I was eligible for an upgrade and turned in my phone, why am I paying off the entire cost of the new phone? What is the point of the upgrade if I have to pay the whole cost of the new phone anyways?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade rip off?
dexman

In the past, the message advising of the eligibility to upgrade appeared when a current two year contract had been satisfied.

I'm on the old More Everything Unlimited Talk & Text with 1GB of data plan. After my two year commitment expired, I replaced my old Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge...which I paid for upfront.

The message telling me that I am eligible for an upgrade...which first appeared when the contract expired remains visible to this day. So this leads me to believe that it has something to do with the terms of an existing contract.

Verizon Wireless really doesn't have any contract plans at this point, so, most people can upgrade their phones at any time as long as the current phone is fully paid off.

0 Likes
IVYSPE89

Wife went to verizon store with a Moto Droid that would not turn off and just showed the Motorola screen. She was told the software was fried and she needed a new phone. Insurance would not cover it and no trade in value because it was fried. She was talked into a 9S. $900 later she comes home. I took the droid and pressed the power and volume keys. The phone rebooted and works just fine. No need for a new phone, no need for an upgrade, just ripped off by salesman.

0 Likes
Yeager236

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRIPPING ON RIGHT NOW THEYRE ALL UPGRADE TIME YAYYYY SO IM LIKE OK . And they say ok so give us you’re thousand dollar phone and pay full price for this one YAYYYYY

0 Likes
Yeager236

541E8E51-BE9E-4173-B8EB-AC34A67AC1DF.jpeg

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes