Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Used Device Blacklisted
Cathasaigh

Hello, All.

I recently purchased a used Ellipsis 7 on Swappa, but as soon as I received it via USPS and called Verizon to activate it, I found that the ESN was blacklisted. Is there any way to find out why? The Verizon rep I spoke with on the phone wouldn't give me any details, and the seller is telling me that they didn't report the device as lost/stolen, so I'm really curious as to who is jerking me around in this situation. The seller is saying they need the device back to get it off the blacklist, but this seems fallacious to me: if they really are the owner, then they should be able to talk to a Verizon rep and get any info they need/unlock the ESN. Definitely sounds like a scam to me - my thought is that they either reported it as lost/stolen to avoid a bill they couldn't pay and are now trying to make money off of the device.

Any thoughts as to how I can remedy the situation?

Thanks,

- C

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Used Device Blacklisted
Not applicable

Simply call the police. In your locale and in the sellers location.

Tell the seller you want your money back and that the police will be notified. Its really simple. You were scammed and its called theft.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Ann154
Expert
Expert

Report the issue with Swappa customer service. I believe Swappa requires the ESN to be clean when posting the ad for the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Cathasaigh

<< Comment removed >>

Ann154 I have already done so - they have been completely unhelpful and take no responsibility for truly verifying the ESN. The seller either reported it after the sale or gave them a false ESN. The issue at this point is not so much getting my money back, but attempting to get the device to work. I want as much info as I can when I speak to the seller and was attempting to obtain it. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Simply call the police. In your locale and in the sellers location.

Tell the seller you want your money back and that the police will be notified. Its really simple. You were scammed and its called theft.

Good Luck

B33
Sr. Leader

I agree with Elector it's sad stuff like this goes on, It makes a person wish there were more safe guards that protect customers and keep one's like that seller from selling products that have had.. bad history and is not to fit to be re-used I think the web site it self should have some better control on this as well.. it should start there..