Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Using Prepaid Phone on Postpaid Account
josh1miller1

Hi, I wanted to confirm this is still the case. I want to purchase a prepaid phone and activate it on prepaid and use for my postpaid account the same day.  As long as I pay one months prepaid plan I can use on my post paid line even if I cancel the prepaid line after first month? 

0 Likes
Re: Can I take the sim card out of my LG V10 (monthly data plan) thats broken and put it in verizon's new pre-paid smart phone to use?
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@josh1miller1 wrote:

Hi, I wanted to confirm thsi is still the case. I want to purchase a prepaid phone and activate it on prepaid and use for my postpaid account the same day.  As long as I pay one months prepaid plan I can use on my post paid line even if I cancel the prepaid line after first month? 

As far as I know that’s not the case.  Prepaid devices must be used on prepaid for 12 months before they can be used on postpaid.  Hang on while I confirm off the website

0 Likes
Re: Can I take the sim card out of my LG V10 (monthly data plan) thats broken and put it in verizon's new pre-paid smart phone to use?
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Unfortunately I can’t find any new information.  180 days, 60 days, nothing in print.  All I do see on the sales page about locking is the ‘packing is suppose to have that information’.  

All phones are locked to Verizon for 60 days, universally. 

0 Likes
josh1miller1

Thanks for the info. I know when I had ATT and my phone broke on my postpaid account I went and bought an ATT prepaid phone it was plug and play.  I was hoping Verizon would be the same... 

Thanks again 

0 Likes
Re: Using Prepaid Phone on Postpaid Account
taterhead5

only if it's a compatible phone and they don't give you the run around in the proting department

0 Likes