Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Using verizon in st maarten
SWCOMM

Going on vacation to St. Martin. Last international trip cost me an arm and a leg. Can I use the phone for just 2 weeks without having to pay exorbitant fees !!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Using verizon in st maarten
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to get the most out of your phone while on your excursion. I’m glad you have reviewed the options for the TravelPass. I wanted to provide you with more information on the feature. Please review the option: http://vz.to/1LVxnZL

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Yes, You have up to 3 choices depending on what plan you have and what phone you have. Not all choices are for every plan or every phone. IF you want more advice, tell us your phone and what exact plan name you are on.

Choice 1 - Cost $0 - If you have a newer phone that support wifi calling, you can set this up before you leave. Then in St. Martin you will have service only when on wifi. You will see VZW Wi-Fi where Verizon usually is. You can call back to the US and text as if you are in the US. Calls to St. Martin would be international long distance.

Choice 2 - TravelPass - $10 a day, but only on days you use the phone for any purpose. You would use your plan minutes, text, and data allotments.

Choice 3 - Travel Preferred Plan - Good for 1 month, $40. Gets you 100 minutes, 100 sent texts (unlimited received), and 100 MB of data.

0 Likes
SWCOMM

Weth,

Thank you very much for your clear and concise response. I do have a Droid Maxx.

My plan is More Every Unlimited Talk & Text with Data 4 GB.

I would be interested in the second choice described as Travel Pass.

This plan would be optimal for my needs an I hope my phone and plan qualify.

I I do qualify my travel dates would be, leave on 9/9/2016 and return on 9/17/2016.

I would like this on my first line [removed]

I do not need this for the second line [removed]

Please let me know if there is any other information you require.

Thanks again and please let me know the outcome of this communication.

Sincerely,

Hans

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to get the most out of your phone while on your excursion. I’m glad you have reviewed the options for the TravelPass. I wanted to provide you with more information on the feature. Please review the option: http://vz.to/1LVxnZL

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ajmontoya

This question was orginally submitted in 2016. Are the repoonses still the same. Someone recently told me St Maarten is now covered in the verizon plans, is this true? I have the unlimited plan and a Samsung 8

Bradleyg1

Were you ever able to get a response. I'm travelling to st maarten and will need to call back to the USA... is it covered in our plans now??

SuznSl

Interesting that VZW was answering 2016 question but nothing to the last 2. I’m leaving in a week and am interested in knowing the answers too!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SuznSl, help has arrived. We would love to address any questions that you might have about your upcoming trip. We would need more account-specific details from you to get you the best options. I will be sending you a Private Note. Please respond to that message. -Kevin

0 Likes