Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: VZN Free Msg offering gift. Is this legit?
CR92dx

I received a similar message from a different number. Oddly enough, the message did not come on my Verizon cell phone--it came on my phone from Lively so that was the first warning!  I did NOT click on the link.  I reported the message to Verizon.  I went online to my Verizon account and checked for messages about "gifts".  No messages, of course! I then deleted the text message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CR92dx, thank you for reporting the message and taking the necessary precautions for your account. 

-Tionna

0 Likes
Prairie_Girl

I just got this text from 561-617-0072:

VZW FREE MSG:

Your February Due is processed.  Thanks, here is a thank you gift from us https://t.co/3Kh4Dknsen

I knew it was a spam, I've never received any gifts from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can understand your concerns regarding the message received. This is not a Verizon message. Do not click or provide any information within that link. If you have clicked or providing any information within that link, please let us know.  -AL

0 Likes
FLABeachcomber

t.co is a Twitter domain

0 Likes
thomasawyer

Free Msg: Your bill is paid for March. Thanks, here's a little gift for you: sirdt47.xyz/85GBFm397K

Got this message above today and I did click on this link causing my phone screen to turn warning ⚠️ red then I clicked go back to safety that took my back to a Google home page thankfully. The interesting thing this message was sent from my own phone number that I store notes on if you can believe it. However, delete this spam or phishing message immediately!

Randy111786

6FBAF12C-2D13-40CA-93C0-8696D92D52DB.jpeg

 I received this message from myself. It came from my own number some how. I did not click the link assuming it is a phishing.

Msuguy1979

I’ve received this same message, but the number it came from was my phone number?!? What should I do?

0 Likes
Scott5337
Novice

If you received a text message from your own phone number with a link to click that's normally a sure sign of spam or smishing, so I would not click anything in the link. I would report that message as spam and move on.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh no! Please delete this message as it is SPAM. We would never send you a message via your phone number. These scammers are getting smarter. Please do not click on any suspicious links. Do you have any questions about this? 

-Amber

0 Likes