Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VZN Free Msg offering gift. Is this legit?
JohnCMichigan

Just received the following text message from (562)-547-7347 ...

VZN Free Msg: November

bill is paid. Thanks,

Here's a little gift for you:

fvic1.xyz/1nxi0KEfKJ

Above is clickable link. Warning flags went up on this one and I didn't click on link.
Wondering if someone is phishing.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: VZN Free Msg offering gift. Is this legit?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are not seeing this number listed in our systems. Because of this, we cannot confirm it is a valid link. We recommend not pressing on it. All offers from Verizon will be listed in the offer section of your My Verizon account. If you do not see it listed there, it is likely that this is phishing. If you have any additional questions on this matter, please let us know. *Robert

View solution in original post

vmghinkley

Has no one replied to this? How do we get an answer?!

0 Likes
acraftylady2

My security flags the link so that should  say it all.  No company is giving gifts for paying your bill.   

Sgbucks

I have gotten two of those texts from two different numbers. Immediately thought it was a fake & I did not click the link. My Verizon texts always come with a set of numbers on top of the text, never a particular phone number. So I just did a #BAL & checked my balance. It sent me a text with my regular bill still owed. I just deleted those two texts. 

Cowboy296

Received this on 12/26/21 from phone number 1 (346) 425-9751

VZN Free Msg:

November bill is paid. Thanks, Here's a little gift for you: mtfk2.xyz/kQcSN1k1jj

0 Likes
N_chapman

I received the same text today. I contacted customer support and they just told me to "disregard that message" and that it was not a message sent by Verizon. They said they documented it onto our account & would keep an eye on it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are not seeing this number listed in our systems. Because of this, we cannot confirm it is a valid link. We recommend not pressing on it. All offers from Verizon will be listed in the offer section of your My Verizon account. If you do not see it listed there, it is likely that this is phishing. If you have any additional questions on this matter, please let us know. *Robert

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sgbucks, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That definitely looks like a spam message. It's likely that someone is trying to compromise your account. Here are your options to block that incoming message in the future. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/block-numbers/

-Lasina

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Cowboy296, I appreciate you reaching out to us about this. I totally understand the concern. That is not a legitimate text sent by us. I recommend deleting that text and blocking that number. Any text we send would come from our 800 number. -Dia

0 Likes
JohnCMichigan

Thank you all for replying and verifying that the message / link received was not sent by Verizon.

0 Likes