Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VZW Abruptly Reduced my Device Finance Limit
iphoneguy86

I switched to Verizon Wireless from AT&T back in September of 2019. I switched because AT&T was outsourcing all of its customer service to incompetent people I couldn’t understand. 

Immediately I was less than impressed with the data. When I had Verizon back in 2012-2014 it was sooooooo fast. In fact I worked for the company. After switching back last September I noticed immediately that the data speeds horrid. Very slow data called and had NRB tickets done and they went nowhere. Over time it got a little better and I just kind of dealt with it. 

In the month of November I mocked up an order to upgrade my mother’s phone which was a basic phone and add my brother and his fiance. The total was like $2800 in phones altogether. It only asked me for the taxes down. At the last minute I didn’t process the order and got caught up with some personal stuff. 

I went to MyVerizon Mobile a few days ago and attempted to upgrade my mother’s phone and to my horror I had no option to finance only to pay full price for phones. I immediately called Verizon and was rudely told they changed how they do things now so every 30 days they do a soft credit check and look at your payment history and they don’t even care about hotline or suspensions if you even mailed in your payment and it was received a day or 2 late due to weather your finance limit will be lowered. So if you are planning to go into a store for Christmas to buy gifts as upgrades be prepared to be unpleasantly surprised if you’ve ever had even a slight issue. This is excessive and unreasonable, and an unfair assessment and business practice. I already ordered AT&T again and am waiting for my equipment to come so I can switch back. AT&T had crumby customer service but their data speeds were excellent and they only would reduce your available funds to upgrade if you got suspended repeatedly which makes sense. 

Thanks Verizon say goodbye to me 6 lines I’ll never do business with your company again.