Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veriozn Frustrations
JB7151

Well, after being a customer for over 25 years, it looks like I'm switching carriers. There is absolutely zero reason to be a long term customer with Verizon anymore. I used to get discounts when upgrading phones, I no longer receive any form of discount. I can't even get the same price as someone who is just switching to Verizon. There's no point in staying here when I can get a buy one get one free phone from AT&T for switching there.

Customer service is a completely different issue. Having dealt with several customer service people regarding upgrades, I have dealt with people whom were very incompetent, rude and completely unhelpful. Normally, I would overlook this as they're dealing with people on a regular basis and that gets frustrating. But ZERO people I talked with had any problem with me walking away and going to AT&T. As a matter of fact, one suggested I do so. 

I am very frustrated by my recent experiences. I cannot believe that nothing can be done to help keep a loyal Verizon customer. If you are looking for a company that cares to keep your business, look elsewhere. Goodbye Verizon, Hello AT&T.

Re: Veriozn Frustrations
Tigerstep

See you in two years when AT&T doesn't have any good deals for existing customers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JB7151, we'd be so sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family after 25+ years. We love your loyalty and would be honored to have your business for many more years to come. We're always offering new promotions and offers. You can always find all the deals that we have to offer by following this link https://www.verizon.com/deals/?intcmp=vzwdom KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
jmartin897

It almost seems like they don't care to keep customers, doesn't it? I experienced similar issues as you, I used to get discounts for upgrading or paying off your device. Now there is no difference between loyal customers and new customers. The "customer service" at their stores lie and when I complained to corporate I got the excuse "we can't do anything because they are a separate store". They also love overbilling me and saying autopay is expired so I end up paying $20 extra every so often. They sent me a random box with like 20 of their hotspots and asked for them back but every store refused them. Verizon has given its loyal customers the proverbial middle finger. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly do care about our customers. I would love to help as much as I can. I will send you a message so I can see how I can help. -Amber

0 Likes