Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Bill Issue caused Credit Score Dent
OSI7

I switched from Verizon post-paid to prepaid at the beginning of this year. I got an email later from Verizon informed me to pay the remaining $92 balance for this post-paid account. So I called the customer service to pay the balance, but the representative couldn’t locate the post-paid account, and told me the only account in the system was the pre-paid account (and paid in full of course). I then lookout for help by online chat with another customer service, who advised me to call. And then I called, the same thing happened – couldn’t find the post-paid account. I emailed back to Verizon, but no one replied. I was in this I-want-to-pay-but-nobody-can-take-it situation.

Last month, I received a letter from credit collection agency of Verizon, and noticed a remarkable dent from my credit score. I called Verizon customer service again, surprised, surprised, the system was fixed magically and the representative was able to locate the post-paid account! The representative could not explain what happened to the account (or the system), why noboby was able to pull the account information, why the account info showed up later, why I got a credit score dent because of Verizon’s system error, or how to remove this record from my credit report. I’m so angry with Verizon! This is frustrating beyond words.

0 Likes