Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Bill Overpay Refund
ab415

On Friday, April 22 I saw two payments on my bank account for $235.70. I had made a check payment on April 20 for the amount because I had auto pay turned off. I called and ask for a refund for the auto pay amount to my debit account. This was Verizon’s fault. I was told 3-5 business days.  I have called and spoken with 15 people over the last now six business days and have been told 15 business days, 10 business days, and hours. I have spoken with financial services, had my refund INQUIRY escalated, and am now being told the inquiry investigation hasn’t even been processed. I also was told that ALL refund request go to the treasury department at Verizon and that they have no way of being contacted.  I have been lied to for a week now by every representative. One financial services supervisor was so demeaning and condescending and told me this was all my fault. He ended the call when I told him I was filing a complaint with the BBB. This has cost me in more ways than the overdraft fee as I am a single teacher living on a tight budget. I am just trying to get back my money to live on. When my contract ends, I will be switching providers but want my money back first. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Bill Overpay Refund
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello ab415,

You are an important part of our family. The last thing we want is to see you go. Generally, the refund processing time is 3-5 business days. This would start the day after the request was submitted so in your case this would be starting on Monday. In some situations, a refund request can take longer as the investigation in to the payment is taken as well as your bank processing the refund back can also add additional time. Since you've already worked with our Financial Services team on escalating this request, we would recommend reaching back out to them at 866-266-1445 for details on their findings.  

-Christopher

0 Likes
ab415

I have called as you said. I still don’t have my money. This is getting ridiculous. I am contacting the BBB because I was told on Friday, April 29 at 4:07 PM CT  that my refund was approved and money would be in my account by today. I am now being told that a credit was approved and no money would be going back to my debit card. That I needed to contact my bank, and this is NOT bank issue. The bank is not going to issue a refund. It has to come from Verizon. This is THE COMPANY’S fault not mine. When a refund is requested instead of a credit a refund should be issued. This is NOT business practice nor is this stated that this is the policy in any contract. I am BEYOND frustrated and angry at this point. This has cost me MORE than the original double charge. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for providing such detailed information. This is a very important matter and we want to do everything we can to assist you. I'd be disappointed too if I were told I was to receive a refund credit and it's not been applied. Verizon takes p[rotecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously.

Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes