Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Verizon Billing is Shady
Deekerjo

I changed my bill due date for FIVE days...and then my next bill (which I pay everyone month consistently) was almost $80 for FIVE days...they took upon themselves to charge and ENTIRE month of for the phone payment (not pro-rate) WOW that was unexpected and WAS not explained to me when I changed my bill or I wouldn't have done it......their response "it's always done that way".....SUCH poor customer service for someone who has been a loyal customer for YEARS!  Time to shop for someone new!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Billing is Shady
Tigerstep

Your original date is going to be month in advance like usual, cycle date change will show a different amount of days based on what was changed mid cycle. Your typical plan change mid cycle does this too.

0 Likes
Deekerjo

Yes that's correct - I was charged the month in advance....expected....and prorated for charges for the extra days....expected BUT also the FULL phone payment, no prorated....NOT expected or explained when I changed the date...My plan was charged correctly the phone payment was the shady part....At least they could have informed me of that....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Deekerjo, we would never want to lose your preference, and we know that an unexpected bill is never fun. We definitely want to make sure that we do everything we can to clear up your billing concerns and we're here to help.

Because monthly device payment plans split up the total cost of the device into 24 payments, a device payment plan cannot be prorated. The device payment will be the same amount on each billing statement. We know that these are not the news you were hoping for, but I want to make sure that we provide you the most accurate information. Please let us know if this helps.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes