Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Cannot Locate Trade-In
LadyDulcinea

I ordered a new Galaxy S20 to be picked up in-store on 11/9/2020.  I picked up the phone and left my Galaxy S9 as a trade in.  It is in PERFECT condition with no scratches, cracks, etc. I was told the store would mail back the phone and the trade in was quoted at $400.  I have not heard anything about a credit on my account, etc. and it has been a week.

After spending 20 minutes on the phone, yesterday, they had a very difficult time tracking the S9 and what they DID find connected to my account shows an S20 being shipped from TX on 11/9/20 and arriving in my city on 11/12/20.  As I stated I picked up my S20 in-store on 11/9/20.

What is going on?! The original phone wasn't even purchased through Verizon and was owned by me outright.  My phone bill is over $200 currently and I'm not happy that I did everything in-store to curtail just this sort of issue.  Where is my phone and where is my credit?

Re: Verizon Cannot Locate Trade-In
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LadyDulcinea, we understand wanting to know the whereabouts of the phone in regards to the trade in credit. Did you call the store where this transaction took place and speak with the agent who assisted you? Where you provided with a submission ID?

0 Likes
LadyDulcinea

Yes. No.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LadyDulcinea, thanks for the reply. When you reached back to the store location that you left your phone at, what information did they provide you? Since the phone was left at the store location, we would recommend working with that location about your trade-in. 

0 Likes
9wood

Seems the store failed to do as claimed would be question them on the matter

0 Likes
LadyDulcinea

The store has been contacted by me and by Customer Service. Still no answers. My property is still missing. The store said they sent it on 11/9 in a batch with other devices but cannot provide or customer service with a tracking number. I was told Friday to give it two weeks... which is tomorrow. If I don't get an answer by Tuesday morning, I will be contacting the BBB about the store and Verizon. Currently since the phone was bought outright and it's been lost and no trade in credit issued, Verizon has lost my personal property. I may have to stop paying my bill until the $400 credit is applied or there is a resolution. 15+ year customer here. What a shame.

0 Likes
LadyDulcinea
Spoiler

I mean I guess I'll call back Tuesday. That is if I'm not disconnected from chat repeatedly, transferred and on hold for more than 20 minutes, or hung up on from Customer Service... all which happened on Friday.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LadyDulcinea, this is definitely not the type of experience we would want for you. Please keep us posted on what occurs. We do offer support not only over the phone or chat but on Facebook & Twitter as well 24/7:

https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes