Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Cloud continuously updates
Barboh

I have an iPhone 6S Plus, 64Gb

When I log on to my computer (Windows 10 OS) my Verizon Cloud automatically opens up and starts syncing for what seems like a very long time before it starts backup that often takes so long I usually minimize the window. When I check back sometimes 10 minutes later, it's still backing up.

And if you actually look at the sync folder there's not much in it.   Any suggestions if this is normal? I don't know if it makes a difference but I usually haven't plugged my phone in yet. Also I have also been having problems with my Microsoft One Drive too.

Thanks to any replies

Barb M

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon Cloud continuously updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Reinstalling the Verizon Cloud sounds like a great plan. Please keep us posted so we can continue to provide assistance, if necessary.

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Barboh, we want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this issue so you can actively use Verizon Cloud. I wish to clarify some information so I can better assist you with resolving this. Are you using the Verizon Cloud Desktop Application or are you attempting to view and use Verizon Cloud through your internet browser?

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Barboh

I am using the desktop application.  Right now, it looks like it's not backing up anything. But if I try to open anything, the Verizon Cloud screen locks up and the only way to reset it is using the task manager.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is certainly very odd, Barboh. Since it is affecting both your One Drive and Verizon Cloud service, have you considered checking to see if maybe your Firewall may be affecting the two services? Just in case, I also recommend checking your Upload speed as well to see if that may be playing a role with the files you are uploading. to each cloud service.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Barboh

I'm sorry not to have responded earlier. My PC was just totally out of control.  So, it has been overhauled and Windows-7 reinstalled.  Before that happened, I basically rendered the One Drive useless after I moved all my info out of it.  My Verizon Cloud never tried to update anymore, and if you opened the window it just started locking up.

I will reinstall Verizon Cloud on my PC in the next week or so, and just see how it goes.  For now I have to learn how to use W-7 again. I spent most of the afternoon loading iTunes back on my PC (after reading several posts that basically said Microsoft was trying to block iTunes for use in W-7.  A shiny brand new iMac is starting to look better all the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Reinstalling the Verizon Cloud sounds like a great plan. Please keep us posted so we can continue to provide assistance, if necessary.

DeannaL_VZW

Barboh

Verizon Cloud has been installed again, and so far so good!  I finally got my speakers hooked up again, and not a day too soon!  It's sad to see a grown woman just watching videos of relaxing blues with no sound.  Next up is to set up my new Western Digital Passport installed, and I hope all will be right again in digital land.

Thank you for your support during this time.  For those times I have or will get "a wee bit testy", I want to apologize now.  It's much easier to lash out at someone you can't see when you are in a highly frustrated state of mind.  I do appreciate the support I get here when I have a problem.

Thanks again

Barb M.

0 Likes