Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Customer Care EPIC FAIL!!!! An hour I'll NEVER get back
MaryF211

Got a new phone for my birthday, Optimus 2.  automated system would not allow activation unless i buy a $45 a month plan, i want to pay by the minute.  Was told about a month ago over the phone by a customer care rep named Megan that we could use the pay by the minute plan.  But the phone we bought on the internet was still locked and so we had to send it back.  Finally got a phone that is not locked.  Now I spend an hour looking for a number that will allow me to talk to a rep and then when I get one he BARELY speaks English.  Spanish accent so heavy I had to ask him to repeat himself multiple times during conversation.  Don't you think that if you push one to get an English speaker, you should get someone whose FIRST language is English?  After already being frustrated?  Then I am told a different story and the refuse to activate the phone unless I pay $45 a month.  I don't use $45 worth of minutes a YEAR.  I need a pay by the minute plan so I guess I'm stuck with a stupid flip phone the rest of my life and Verizon just doesn't want my business.  I refused to let my husband switch me to Tracfone and this is the thanks I get.  Verizon: YOU STINK.  HOW DO YOU STAY IN BUSINESS TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS THIS WAY!?!?!?!? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon Customer Care EPIC FAIL!!!! An hour I'll NEVER get back
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The Optimus 2 is a smartphone, and requires a data plan.  If you use your phone for only calling, and use minimal minutes, then a pay by the minute plan on a basic phone is all you need,

The Optimus 2 is more than a basic phone, comes with Android operating system and access to apps, and so requires a plan with data, hence the $45 a month charge.  And these days, most plans, including the pre-paid with data, allow you unlimited minutes.

If that's all you need, then yes, you are likely to be limited to a basic flip phone.  I believe you'll find the same is true with any carrier.  If you can find a provider who will give you  pay by the minute on a smartphone and NOT charge for a data plan, I would recommend you  go with that one.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The Optimus 2 is a smartphone, and requires a data plan.  If you use your phone for only calling, and use minimal minutes, then a pay by the minute plan on a basic phone is all you need,

The Optimus 2 is more than a basic phone, comes with Android operating system and access to apps, and so requires a plan with data, hence the $45 a month charge.  And these days, most plans, including the pre-paid with data, allow you unlimited minutes.

If that's all you need, then yes, you are likely to be limited to a basic flip phone.  I believe you'll find the same is true with any carrier.  If you can find a provider who will give you  pay by the minute on a smartphone and NOT charge for a data plan, I would recommend you  go with that one.

View solution in original post

user_2419

Only an hour?

Consider yourself lucky.

You should expect it to take days of frustration to accomplish the most simple of tasks.

I recommend switching to TMobile instead.

0 Likes