Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Customer Service Is Useless
Deanbuttitta

In March 2020, Verizon placed me on a "COVID repayment plan" automatically and without my permission.   I did not ask for this and I was never advised of this so why was it done?????  Now, after two years of impeccable payment history, I am getting messages when attempting to use online chat that I am in collections.  COLLECTIONS???  So after waiting several minutes on hold after being disconnected several times, the rep apologizes to me and gives me the reason for the longer than normal wait time as the "Holiday season".   Well Verizon, its Christmas, it happens every year on the same date.   Get your dirt together.  So now that I have a rep, he tells me "Yes I can see that you have made every single payment to Verizon on time and you have a stellar payment history and I do not see that you are in collections.   I explain further that when I attempt to use chat it tells me "Your account is in collection status please call Verizon"  He cannot figure it out.  He gets a supervisor, who also cannot figure it out.   This is call #20 and who knows how many total minutes on hold and transfers to different reps.  I am ultimately told they don't know how to fix it, but its ok cause it shows im not in collections.  

At no time did any rep or any supervisor says " let me do some actual work and get to the bottom of this " NO, i was told that there was no solution to the problem and in a way that said to me, "Just learn to deal with it."   This is unacceptable. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service Is Useless
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Deanbuttitta ,

It's great to know that you have been so diligent with your payments. As for the repayment plan that you are referring to, this was an optional program that we had offered between March and July 2020 that you had to join via My Verizon. Once you did, it would keep your account safe from any non-payment suspensions, with any unpaid balance at the end of that period being moved into a deferred payment split up over the next 6 months. You would also have had the option to opt out of it at any time, although it would have whatever remaining amount get added to the next bill. I'm sorry to hear that you do not recall opting in to this option, but you would have had the option to leave it at any time after the deferral started - this would be on the August 2020 bill for most customers. This unpaid amount would not place you into a collection status that would involve late fees, suspensions, or credit reporting, but it would still be under the same category as you are making payments on a balance from earlier in the year. Other than this message you see when using Live Chat, what exactly has it prevented you from doing on your account?

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Chat support is a waste of time. If your payments are on time and you have zero past due balance, it reflects on your My Verizon account. If you do have balances that carry over, then you are subject to collections. You don't need a rep to tell you that.

Deanbuttitta

Well it's nice of you to explain to me how the process typically works, but thats your problem at Verizon, you don't take a minute to understand individual accounts.  Because if you had, you would see that I did not opt into anything and that I also have several phone conversations with a Supervisor by the name of Ryan who did look closely at my account and saw the same. While I am glad that Verizon offers this program, I never had any use for it, and being as I am an adult in charge of every aspect of my life, I would have recalled opting into this program..  Your presumptuous comments certainly didn't answer any of my concerns.  

As for the "collections" message that I see.  I believe you are asking "Other than seeing" the message what trouble has it caused me?  Well first let us assume Verizon wireless conducts itself professionally for a moment, would I have to prove any further issue with a message that i see pertaining to my account that is simply inaccurate???   Why exactly should I even have to explain further?  If this is such a non-issue, why can't you simply fix it for the sake of simply doing things correctly? 

0 Likes
Deanbuttitta

Guess you need help in reading comprehension. 

0 Likes