Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Data Overage Issue
matthew010

I have always had the 10 GB plan with Verizon. We have occasionally gone over the 10 GB by a couple GB's but it could be explained based on what we were using our phone for those months we went over. We recently got the new iPhone 13 Pro. 6 days after getting the phone it went through 13 GB's in a span of 8 hours. Nothing different was being done with the phone and all the apps were closed on the phone. There is nothing that can explain how the phone could have went through that much GB in a short period of time. The 12 days prior to this day the phone used 3 GB's and the 10 days after that the phone used 3 GB's. I have attempted to do the online chat and Verizon continues to give me the run around. I have gotten a bunch of different responses from them which include it is not unusual activity, a new phone uses more data, even when a phone isn't being used you can go through that much data, they are valid charges, we are unable to work on credits, no team can help you here. It is pretty clear there was either a glitch with Verizon or the phone and it is pretty easy to understand that by looking at the previous history on the phone's data usage. It would be so nice to talk with someone from Verizon who I can work with and is understanding to the situation. Does anyone have any contact information for a department at Verizon that handles these kinds of issues? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Data Overage Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. Having enough data to meet your usage needs is very important. After reviewing the feedback you've shared with our team here, we share your data usage concerns too. 

There is an option to view exactly how your data is being used. The helpful tool is called Data Utilization. For more information about this, please visit our website at http://spr.ly/6605MHKR3.

We'd also like to share information about data usage by visiting our website at http://spr.ly/6607MHKRP.

In the meantime, we'd be more than glad to investigate your account's data usage. I know we can help. How does this work for you?

-Robert C.

0 Likes
matthew010

Yes, I need this to be investigated because the data was not used by us and the data overage charges need to be removed from my account as they are not valid. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are more than happy to take a closer look into this for you. Please keep in mind that we are not able to view the details of your use (i.e., websites or apps). Besides this message, I will also send you a Private Note. 

-Jordan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for meeting me here! To confirm receipt of this message, please reply with your first  name. Thank you again! 

-Jordan

0 Likes