Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Disappoints Me
JCreate

I'm quite disappointed in Verizon. I really wanted to like this company. I became a customer over a year ago, and just paid off the Galaxy S10 I bought from them.

Last Sunday, I upgraded two lines of phone service to their Ultimate plans. I also upgraded my phone to the S20 Note Ultra, and purchased an additional S20 Note for my girlfriend. Unfortunately, the upgrading and purchasing process through the app became a nightmare as the procedure seemed all over the place. However, that's not what's bothering me.

What's bothering me, is the fact that after the phone purchases were confirmed, the app ask me if I wanted Next Day Delivery (which actually meant in 2 days), for an additional $15. I paid the additional $15 because I was excited to get my hands on the Note 20 Ultra and have been looking forward to it for quite a while.

The phones were scheduled to arrive 10:30 Tuesday morning. I even stayed home from work Tuesday and lost money because someone needed to be there to sign for the phones when they arrived. Unfortunately, they never arrived.

That evening I called Verizon. Their representative was polite, but told me our phone's non-arrival had to do with USPS, and not Verizon, and that I should contact them about it. I was also told I'd have to deal with them regarding any refund pertaining the additional $15 Next Day Delivery fee. I felt I was being given the runaround. She then gave me a tracking number for USPS, and told me to go to their website to find out when our phones would finally arrive. So I did. Their website said we'd now receive our phones sometime Friday before 8 pm. Yay. Very lame. We work during the day, and have plans that we can't change for that evening. Therefore, I imagine we will not get our phones Friday, either, because chances are nobody will be here to sign for them.

This has been a miserable experience from a company I expected better from. As for the phones, I guess I couldn't care less anymore. The excitement of having the latest device has withered. I don't like my time wasted, either. It's likely I'll send the phones back if/when they do arrive, and cancel any agreements I made along with the purchases. In fact, it may be necessary to cancel with Verizon, altogether.

Tags (1)
Re: Verizon Disappoints Me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JCreate, being our customer for a year, your still new. I am concerned to read that you are already thinking about leaving, and would like to make things right. As a consumer, I understand that we expect our products when they are supposed to arrive. I'd like to review all the details to ensured your concern has been fully addressed. I will be sending you a Private Message shortly.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Just a suggestion but you can route UPS packages to the nearest UPS location and pick up there at your convience.  Lucky to have a UPS store up the street and have done it with cell phones so I don't have to be home.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Do I blame you if you were sending me something and I got it late because of the company delivering? Of course not. It's no different if a major company did it. At best expect a refund of the cost of shipping. Verizon isn't Amazon Prime.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Postal service seems to be horrible lately and postage is going up for the holidays.  Been getting our phones at best buy.  Walked in last month and showed them what I wanted and walked out 15min later all activated and paid for in cash.  Easy and hassle free.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

acraftylady2, upgrading to a new device should always be easy peasy and the last thing we want you to worry about is the shipping cost and process. Please keep in mind that you will be able to order your new device in the comforts of your home and select the in-store pick-up option. Take a look at more details here http://vz.to/2oSuwzu.

SylviaT_VZW 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I know that but my phone was cheaper at best buy cash and no payments so worked better for me.

0 Likes