Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Existing Customer Retention Deals Gripe
mattrog

I just got off the phone with them. I have been a customer for more than 20 years, and they just jacked up my rate again to over $80 for a single user.  I use less than 3G of data a month, own my own phone, no international calls, no protection program, and am on autopay with my cc every month.  They offered to lower my rate to where it was last month, and it doesn't seem worth it.  Time to try the T-Mobile 55+ program for $45 per month, taxes included, with all the free perks they add.  Maybe even worth trying MINT for $15 per month with no contracts and see it they have interest in keeping loyal customers.  Verizon can't compete on price and doesn't really value long-term loyalty in customers.  Verizon it is cheaper for you to keep existing loyal customers than it is to acquire new customers. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Existing Customer Retention Deals Gripe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mattrog,

Loyal customers like you with 20 years of service are greatly appreciated. We know budget is important, and we also want to provide you with the top-notch network you've come to expect from us. The last thing we'd want to see is you leaving us. We're confident we can address your concerns and keep you in the Verizon family. Please respond to the Private Message we're sending your way. 

-Ryan

0 Likes
Rocks321

Yes I would agree Verizon does nothing for existing customers. I called in and spoke with a rep asking about what kind of deals a current customer can receive and instead of addressing Verizon’s short comings and told me how if I switch carriers they will treat me the same way when I go to renew my lines with them. Told me how all carriers only give discounts to new subscribers. The only helpful information the rep gave me was letting me know all my phones are out of contact and I can switch carriers with no penalty.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Rocks321, getting the best deal on the phone you want is vital. What phone has caught your eye? We offer promotions for new customers and for our loyal customers like yourself. Promotions change to ensure our customers get awesome deals. 

You can sign up to receive email alerts about our latest promotions, products, and services.https://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2012/08282012_general_optin/   

-Jacob

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Post back how t-mobile is.  I couldn't get them to keep me as a new customer when I tried them and customer support was no help with my issue so left after a month.   Other carriers  probably raise prices too.    Mary

0 Likes
Rocks321

You have no promotions for the phones I'm looking at and your plans are more than the ones your competitors offer for the same features. I have never had a carrier that could care less about existing customers and my experience with customer service has been less than desirable. I truly believe customer care could care less if I'm a satisfied customer or if I switch carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Rocks321, We value your loyalty, and we never want to see you go. Making sure you receive a great deal is always important. Let's explore your options. What is the Make/Model of the device you are looking to upgrade to?

Check out our deals page here http://vz.to/2gDirZx 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
Rocks321

iPhone 14 pro max 256

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for letting us know! Is your current phone paid off? If so, are you willing to trade in the phone if a promotion requires it?

BriannaL_VZW

0 Likes