Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
Looking2Switch

Back in August Droid Life wrote an article entitled "Verizon Gives Grandfathered Unlimited Plans a Big Freebie".  For those who don't know Verizon upgraded customers with the old "Nationwide" plans to unlimited minutes.  Was this done out of the kindness of their hearts...no.  This was done so Verizon could take away the access discount from those customers.  Verizon's website states.

 

Unless otherwise noted, discounts apply to plan monthly access fees of $34.99 or higher, and data features of $24.99 or higher, when added to a plan of $34.99 or higher. On plans with separate account and line fees, discounts apply only to the Account Access fees. Plans not eligible for discounting include, but are not limited to: Prepaid, already discounted promotional plans, unlimited consumer plans, standalone or unlimited connected plans, or data only plans.

 

I used to receive 2 discounts, a 17% feature discount on the $49.99 unlimited data plan, and a 17% access discount on the $39.99 450 minute Nationwide Plan.  I stopped receiving the feature discount on the data back in March, when I questioned why, I was told that after some routine account maintenance it was discovered I was still receiving the feature discount on an "unlimited consumer plan".  Apparently I was supposed to lose that discount some time ago.  I was however still receiving the access discount on my 450 minute Nationwide Plan.  Then August came around and that discount went away too.  Is it just a coincidence that discount went away the same exact month Verizon decided to upgrade me to "unlimited" minutes...I think not.  By giving me unlimited minutes Verizon could now claim I have an "unlimited consumer plan" and take away my access discount as well.  That is why Verizon upgraded Nationwide Plan customers to unlimited minutes.  It's just another move by Verizon to try to push more people off those plans and onto the garbage plans they are offering today.

Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
Benitez147
Novice

@Looking2Switch wrote:

Back in August Droid Life wrote an article entitled "Verizon Gives Grandfathered Unlimited Plans a Big Freebie".  For those who don't know Verizon upgraded customers with the old "Nationwide" plans to unlimited minutes.  Was this done out of the kindness of their hearts...no.  This was done so Verizon could take away the access discount from those customers.  Verizon's website states.

 

Unless otherwise noted, discounts apply to plan monthly access fees of $34.99 or higher, and data features of $24.99 or higher, when added to a plan of $34.99 or higher. On plans with separate account and line fees, discounts apply only to the Account Access fees. Plans not eligible for discounting include, but are not limited to: Prepaid, already discounted promotional plans, unlimited consumer plans, standalone or unlimited connected plans, or data only plans.

 

I used to receive 2 discounts, a 17% feature discount on the $49.99 unlimited data plan, and a 17% access discount on the $39.99 450 minute Nationwide Plan.  I stopped receiving the feature discount on the data back in March, when I questioned why, I was told that after some routine account maintenance it was discovered I was still receiving the feature discount on an "unlimited consumer plan".  Apparently I was supposed to lose that discount some time ago.  I was however still receiving the access discount on my 450 minute Nationwide Plan.  Then August came around and that discount went away too.  Is it just a coincidence that discount went away the same exact month Verizon decided to upgrade me to "unlimited" minutes...I think not.  By giving me unlimited minutes Verizon could now claim I have an "unlimited consumer plan" and take away my access discount as well.  That is why Verizon upgraded Nationwide Plan customers to unlimited minutes.  It's just another move by Verizon to try to push more people off those plans and onto the garbage plans they are offering today.


I am excited and happy to have been able to keep my Nationwide Loyalty Share 550 ($39.99 + $9.99 - 22% employee discount off) plan for all these years. The total for 2 phones in the plan is $107.65 which is great price because it is on the Verizon network and not T Mo Blow or Sprint out of the store. I forwarded my calls to another number that I have so I never miss a call on my Verizon number (have my gUDP in a Jetback 24/7, can't wait until 5G UW becomes the norm and all plans have it once it is completely rolled out). I knew something was different when I viewed my minutes this month and the new plan is now called Nationwide Loyalty Share Unlimited. I remember Verizon had a big problem late last year and early this year with their billing codes on people who have my plan. I basically had free Verizon service for about half a year because it was charging peak minutes and Verizon and weekend calls to people who had Verizon Wireless also. I believe you are right about Verizon wanting to eliminate the "access" and "feature" discounts from your account. I'm sure the fine print also backs Verizon in removing those types of discounts from accounts. It is really bad on your end since your bill is going to go up.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
Looking2Switch

I hope for your sake you continue to slip through the cracks, but don't be surprised if one day your discount disappears.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
Benitez147
Novice


@Looking2Switch wrote:

I hope for your sake you continue to slip through the cracks, but don't be surprised if one day your discount disappears.


I’ll be alright. My discount comes from a 22% employee discount which will continue onward as the price of my minute plan has not changed. I guess Verizon can be get customers with nationwide plans if they add 1 penny to my minute and data plan which would make the price of either plan to $50 (data plan), then my employee discount wouldn’t be honored. You mentioned your discount as a “feature” and “access” which I believe Verizon offered to some really old nationwide plans back in the day. I plan on sticking it to Verizon for a long time and this makes it even better.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
Looking2Switch

My 17% discount was also an employee discount (Not a Verizon employee), and the price of my minute plan didn't change either.  Verizon still found a way around it by upgrading to unlimited minutes so it would fall under their "unlimited consumer plan" disqualification.  I truly hope that you are right and I am wrong, but I have a feeling you'll be fighting the same fight sooner than later.  Best of luck hanging onto your discount. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

The discount should’ve been applied to the data plan only all along. That’s the way discounts have always worked.  

Whoever did the audit found out that you have been receiving a discount on your line access that you never should’ve been given.   So thank Verizon for the mistake.   
It’s not like they’re trying to charge you for their mistake for several years worth of discounts that you were entitled to right?   


0 Likes
Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@Benitez147 wrote:


@Looking2Switch wrote:

I hope for your sake you continue to slip through the cracks, but don't be surprised if one day your discount disappears.


I’ll be alright. My discount comes from a 22% employee discount which will continue onward as the price of my minute plan has not changed. I guess Verizon can be get customers with nationwide plans if they add 1 penny to my minute and data plan which would make the price of either plan to $50 (data plan), then my employee discount wouldn’t be honored. You mentioned your discount as a “feature” and “access” which I believe Verizon offered to some really old nationwide plans back in the day. I plan on sticking it to Verizon for a long time and this makes it even better.


You cannot compare your discount as a Verizon employee to discounts through other employers deals with Verizon.  It’s a perk for working for your cell provider.  
consumer accounts get a discount on the plan cost for eligible ala carte plans.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
Benitez147
Novice

@mama23dogs wrote:

@Benitez147 wrote:


@Looking2Switch wrote:

I hope for your sake you continue to slip through the cracks, but don't be surprised if one day your discount disappears.


I’ll be alright. My discount comes from a 22% employee discount which will continue onward as the price of my minute plan has not changed. I guess Verizon can be get customers with nationwide plans if they add 1 penny to my minute and data plan which would make the price of either plan to $50 (data plan), then my employee discount wouldn’t be honored. You mentioned your discount as a “feature” and “access” which I believe Verizon offered to some really old nationwide plans back in the day. I plan on sticking it to Verizon for a long time and this makes it even better.


You cannot compare your discount as a Verizon employee to discounts through other employers deals with Verizon.  It’s a perk for working for your cell provider.  
consumer accounts get a discount on the plan cost for eligible ala carte plans.  


What are you talking about as a Verizon employee? I’m not a Verizon employee and never indicated that I am.

Yes, I have one of those a la carte plans and I get 22% off my minute plan and data plan. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
Benitez147
Novice

@Looking2Switch wrote:

My 17% discount was also an employee discount (Not a Verizon employee), and the price of my minute plan didn't change either.  Verizon still found a way around it by upgrading to unlimited minutes so it would fall under their "unlimited consumer plan" disqualification.  I truly hope that you are right and I am wrong, but I have a feeling you'll be fighting the same fight sooner than later.  Best of luck hanging onto your discount. 


What is the name of your old plan and what is the new name of your plan? My old plan is Nationwide Loyalty share 550 and the name on the bill is Nationwide Loyalty Share Unlimited. I’m guessing your discount fell off this month when the nationwide calling plans changed. Not sure you’ll be able to revert it back to your old plan. How much did your bill jump up to?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Getting Slick Taking Away Discounts
Looking2Switch

You are half right mama23dogs.  Yes I will thank Verizon for accidentally giving my the feature discount for so long.  Then I'll give them a giant middle finger for upgrading me to unlimited minutes so they could take away my access discount under the "unlimited consumer plan" disqualification.  That's what the point of this discussion was, the "big freebie" as Droid Life said, wasn't a freebie at all.  It was so Verizon could try to push more people off the Nationwide Plans by taking away the access discount and raise their bills.