Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Gift Card Saying invalid when paying my bill.
brandonG22

So, I purchased a Verizon Gift card from the verizon online store a couple weeks ago and have been experiencing an issue where the web site says my card is invalid when I enter my card number

and even when I check the balance through the phone lines provided on the back of the card it tells me the card number is invalid there too.

I have tried talking with a live representative through the livechat feature on here and they pretty much told me that it was invalid as well and then proceeded to tell me that I have to contact customer support to resolve the issue.

However I have a feeling that won't go over well since the site, the app, the phone lines and even a live rep have all pretty much given me the same answer.

Why is verizon allowing the purchase of gift cards if they don't even work?

Re: Verizon Gift Card Saying invalid when paying my bill.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You should absolutely have the ability to use your gift card to pay your bill. Here is a link with more information on how to accomplish such: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/gift-card-faqs/. Tell us, have you engaged in any troubleshooting while working with previous representatives. If so, what steps have been taken?

AustinL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BillyB55

Your reply does not answer the question. 

RL1008

Agreed.  Same problem here.  I've called multiple times.  I've been transferred and no one can answer the questions asked.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are sorry to read that you are having trouble paying your bill with the gift card you have and we want to help in any way we can. When did you purchase the card? If you enter the card information using the following link, are you able to view the balance: https://www.verizon.com/products/gift-card-balance/#/

0 Likes