Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon HORRENDOUS Customer Service
JDC9

I don't know where else to lodge this.  And I fear that my issues are not over.

I went to store to order an upgrade.  The verizon sales rep in the store was logged into my account and going the the process on their tablet.  All seemed fine.  It was supposed to ship in 2 days.

3 days later the order said it was delivered.  But it had been delivered to the wrong address.  There is only one address - my billing address - associated with the account.  I have no idea how the wrong address could have gotten on the order.

5 chat sessions and one phone support later....hours on chat and phone.  Mostly waiting for the support agent to wait for information to appear.  What the heck is wrong with your systems Verizon?  How long can it take to pull up account info. 

In the last call, the agent kept saying, don't worry, we will get the credit back to you.  That was totally missing the point  what I wanted was the phone I ordered delivered to my correct address.

How hard is it to understand or to process, Verizon.  Send message to warehouse, get the right phone off the shelf, put it in a box with correct address, overnight ship it.  THAT would be customer service.

Finally got through to the person what I wanted.  Their first response was, wait for the credit and then place a new order.  NO!!!!  Finally they got it, and processed a new order.  NOW it is going to take 4 more days to get the phone here.  WHAT!  Customer service would have been to expedite the new order - overnight the phone!  It will be a total of 8 days from original order until I get the phone.  ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS!!!

I suspect that I am going to have to continue to follow up with Verizon to make sure that my account is correct - with the right charges and with the correct promotion as was originally processed.

Re: Verizon HORRENDOUS Customer Service
JP0630

Verizon customer support is probably the worst support I've ever encountered. I've been trying to get rid of a "pending order" error when I try to upgrade my phone online and these blockheads can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the error. 

VERIZON I AM TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY!!! Get your dirt together!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are always our concerns too. After reviewing the detailed feedback you've provided here, I'd be disappointed too. We never want to disappoint our customers and I apologize for your inconvenience. We will share your feedback with our Leadership Team and we'd be more than glad to assist you here in any way we can. We've noted your reference about following up (e.g., to ensure the correct promotional offer is applied and to ensure that your account's charges are correct). Please don't hesitate to contact us here. How does this work for you? Thank you for your time and patience. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

There is no phoning the warehouse to "grab a phone off the shelf". That isn't how things work.

Without knowing the specifics, it's hard to tell what went wrong. However, I've personally seen accounts with outdated info all the time. The billing address will be current, but the contact information showing a previous address. This is also how you get a situation where someone is paying taxes in 2 different states. If you had a different address in the past, there you go.

There's also the probability of miskeying info in on the rep's end. However, this is less likely since your info autopopulates on the order screen.

0 Likes
Lainef12

I cancelled the same phone line for 6 months. Didn’t get any credit and only just now have the extra 55$ charge off my bill. Also lost a mifi box (was in my now passed grandmothers possession hence the phone line being cancelled) and I wanted to keep it so I did a claim and ordered a new one, they didn’t disable the old line they started a new one so now I have 2 mifi on my bill. One more slip up and I’ll be an AT&T customer. 

0 Likes
JDC9

@Tigerstep   Don't take this so literally. For my work I build and implement the software for inventory and warehouse systems.  I realize that they likely would not literally call the warehouse.  But take the point more as intended.  The support agents were clearly limited by the system and not able to directly and simply address the issue.

As to the address - of course it could be something like you suggested...except in my case it cannot.  I have been at one address for 20 years - and verizon customer for 10.  So no way that my account has a wrong address on it, and certainly not the address it was sent to.

I appreciate you having shared your thoughts and perspective.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lainef12, I apologize for the discrepancies you have you have been experiencing with canceling a line on your account and having an additional line added in error. Just to clarify, has the additional line that was added in error been removed from your account? 

0 Likes
JDC9

And the challenges continue.  This upgrade was supposed to result in a promotional credit for making the upgrade.  I assume I have to return my phone....but no return kit - at least not yet.  And since the first order went to the wrong address, I suspect that return kit did also.  Tried to get help, the chat support sent me to a link that appeared to be for initiating a new trade in...and did not reference the promotion at all.  I listed a much lower amount of credit I would get for the return.  Called the number that I was given...and the office is closed at this time.  

Come on, Verizon - get your S$%^t together!  This has been the most unclear and disruptive upgrade I have ever been through.  No one seems to know about the promotions, how things should work, how to fix a customer's problem....It is almost like Verizon is trying to make it impossible to get the promotional credit.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have. No need to fear, help is here! We will be happy to look into this for you. Is it okay if we access your account to further assist? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
JDC9

Now I scheduled a call back.  Fine.  Got call.  But there was noone on the other end.  And/or they could not hear me?  did this twice.  Now on hold.

Verizon, your systems are totally messed up up!  Did you recently upgrade?

0 Likes