Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Has Charged $1338.49 on My Bank Card without Authorization - 09Oct2020
12YearCustomer

Yesterday (10/09/2020) while disputing a claim that I had used 42+ GB of data in a single month on 2 phone lines and discussing that my phone bill had gone from $200 - $215/month to $1,460.25 in a single month (Aug) and $473 (July) and $493.76 (Sept), the customer service rep hung up on me.  

I then redialed Verizon Support and the prompt automatically charged my card for the total outstanding balance without my verbal prompt.  It also did not ask me which card I wanted to use but automated that information as well.  This morning, I woke up to $1,338.49 being charged to my bank account.  This is not acceptable and will been disputed and Verizon Wireless needs to explain why this occurred.

The customer service rep was telling me she was looking for usage spikes which did occur during the month of July to August where Verizon claims we used $1,044.73 of data - ridiculous.  

It's been a very difficult year for us all and its unacceptable that they do this to a 12 year customer, let alone any customer.  Your need to uphold your stock price in a time of global turmoil need not be placed on your customers. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Has Charged $1338.49 on My Bank Card without Authorization - 09Oct2020
gardengirl007

I feel your pain - we've been w/ Verizon over a decade and suddenly received a 900.00+ bill for going over minutes....They were charging us for calls made to Verizon support to dispute the bill plus adding minutes when I called my husband who is also on my plan.  It took 7 calls, a full on panic attack while I was on the phone with one (very nice) representative.  It still shows I owe over 600.00 on the Verizon website while the "My Verizon" app now shows the bill is zero.  However we can't make any more phone calls until the 14th or we'll be charged .45 per minute.  This is during a pandemic for *uc* sake and our family has been affected by Covid.  To have to spend a hour per time - on the phone is inexcusable.  I'm a small business owner and this is time away from working on my client projects which means I'm not getting paid.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Has Charged $1338.49 on My Bank Card without Authorization - 09Oct2020
gardengirl007

Update to my upcoming bill this month.  I'm being charged 93 minutes for Nights & Weekends (shouldn't count toward my Nationwide 700 minute talk plan) and 11 minutes mobile to mobile.  For some reason under my number there is an additional surcharge of 21.76 and taxes & gov. fees of 15.40.  This is on top of the plans surcharges/taxes & fees and my husband's line for surcharges, taxes/fees.  I thought double/triple taxation was illegal in the United States?  I can't call the Verizon number since you stay on hold for so long and these minutes end up counting against my plan.  The main reason I've kept this plan for over a decade is the truly unlimited data.  I've been told repeatedly by reps that you can get unlimited data and unlimited minutes but from viewing all the customer complaints about mysterious data charges I'm not willing to go down that nightmarish path.  I live in a very remote area that requires satellite internet (slug slow) and as a business owner I need to have access.  I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau which is likely a black hole since they had a drop down "is this a complaint against Verizon" (makes you wonder how many complaints if you get your company name on complaint drop down).  I'm sure the executive staff at Verizon thinks they will just stick in extra surcharges here and there and no one will take the time to call them out on it.  Wrong woman.  I count every penny - every month. 

0 Likes
gardengirl007

Verizon - I would suggest your engineers Verizon Community - Private messages screen when you try to reply to someone.  This is all I see on my screen - - no way to reply and no link (cannot scroll down to the link).  I did receive a copy to my email and that took me to a page that said I was successfully authenticated and a Verizon rep will contact me shortly.  

Verizon.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want to help you find answers about your account charges! Please send us a Private Note to continue, okay? - StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for that screenshot! Please tell us - are you a Business customer, or a Consumer customer with Verizon Wireless?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes