Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Verizon Has The WORST Customer Service
hnantz

I've been a Verizon customer for 11 years. I got my bill a few weeks ago, and saw that it was $60 more than it usually is, so I called customer service. I was told by the rep that it was because my credit card had expired and I lost the auto-pay discount. I explained that the credit card was updated as soon as I realized it had expired, literally a day or two after I received the notification. The rep told me to go ahead and pay the bill MINUS the $60, and the next month's bill would reflect the correct amount. Right after we hung up, all three of our phones showed "unregistered" by Verizon, and the auto-pay had been turned off. A few days after that, the $60 in question was charged, despite the rep's assurances that it would not be. So I called AGAIN and got another guy, who talked in circles: "No, I cannot give you a refund" to: "OK, I can give you a $30 refund" to: "The previous rep was incorrect, the amount will be reflected on your next bill..." I finally got sick of the runaround, and hung up. What kind of company allows their reps to treat long-time customers like this? And now there's virtually no recourse. So sick of paying top dollar to be treated like garbage by Verizon. 

Re: Verizon Has The WORST Customer Service
Doggo
Novice

Verizon punishes reps who try to help a customer out. I've had a nasty email sent when I used to be an agent for daring to cover the $5 bill reprint for a customer who didn't receive theirs in the mail.

Judging by your recent interactions, Verizon probably had another training on credits.

When I was newer, this would have been a no questions asked $60 approved on the spot followed by an apology. Verizon has gotten worst to work with over the years and it shows.

0 Likes
LK35

I have had the same issue.  Talked with multiple people and wasted several hours. They also offered me a $30 credit instead of the rate they promised me when I signed up.  So, $30 instead of a rate that would save hundreds of dollars.  No thank you.  

Very disappointed in Verizon-they used to be great.  As soon as I won't be penalized for leaving, I'm going to leave. Have communicated this with my friends and they went elsewhere.  

Hope you are reading this Verizon.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We value your many years with us and I can reassure you that this is not the type of experience we want for you. I am happy to turn things around. As you mentioned a credit card, please note that credit cards are not eligible for our Auto Pay discount. Rather, a debit card or checking account must be provided to receive the Auto Pay discount. Are you able to confirm the type of payment method on you have on file with us?-Lorenzo

0 Likes
hnantz

It was a debit card. It has always been a debit card. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for clarifying that you used a debit card. Let's work to get this resolved. As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns and we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes