Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Messages - APNS Registration Fails - iPhone 6
sbarsh

Both my wife and I have iPhone 6's running iOS 8.1.2.  Months ago (on on iPhone 5S's) Verizon Messages was running fine.  Now when either of us try to use the app on our iPhones when we try to get into the app, on launch, we get a pop up dialogue box "ERROR: APNS Registration Fails."  Has anyone seen this problem?  Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks for your ideas here!

Steve Barsh.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon Messages - APNS Registration Fails - iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sbarsh,

That's quite a weird error to get, but don't worry! We'll help figure out what is happening! Has Verizon Messages ever worked on your new iPhone 6's? Have you tried deleting the app and then downloading it from the App Store again? Sometimes that's all you need to fix strange error messages like this.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sbarsh,

That's quite a weird error to get, but don't worry! We'll help figure out what is happening! Has Verizon Messages ever worked on your new iPhone 6's? Have you tried deleting the app and then downloading it from the App Store again? Sometimes that's all you need to fix strange error messages like this.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

sbarsh

Thanks SarahO_VZW. That fixed it.  Deleted the app, re-installed, and went through the auth procedure on both phones and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much for your quick response and resolving it on the first try!

Steve.

0 Likes
Leighbird

I just started getting the same message on my iPad. I have been using the app for a couple years with no problems and if I click OK to the message I still can use the app. I would not mind getting rid of the error message but if I remove and reload the app, will I lose all my message threads on my iPad?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Messages can be restored,Leighbird! Here is a link to step by step instructions https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-209183/

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes