Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Owes me $700 !! Stole my phone!!! Suspended Service!!
ambersandiego

This is absolutely insane! Last July Verizon was offering a promotion to switch from another carrier and trade in your phone and you would get a $700 trade in credit and $300 mastercard gift card. I switched from Tmobile and took advantage of the offer. This is when my nightmare began. 

Since I did it online, I opted to pick up my new phone in store. When I went to pickup my new phone I tried to give them my old phone but they wouldnt take it in store and said that since I had done it online Verizon would be mailing me a prepaid box to ship my old phone back in. A few weeks go by and I dont receive this box so I called them and they showed me how to download the shipping label online which I did and actually used my new phone's box to ship it back in. During this time my bill is higher but I'm being told that it takes awhile for credits to apply- a few billing cycles at most. Months go by and I completely forget. I have 4 year old twins, Covid, the holidays, etc. So for this entire time now I've been paying WAY more monthly that I agreed to AND they still have my phone. They sent me a promotional text about trading in my phone and it triggered in my mind that I dont think they ever gave me any credit/lowered my billl. Sure enough I look online at my account and see nothing. I call in and spend AN HOUR on the phone with a rep who goes round and round first telling me the promotion I was talking about didnt exist (uhhhh, are you serious? I have the email and it's also easily googleable as the Verizon marketing team did a great job sending this out via the wire sites (theres still an aritcle out there on Cnet). Then she puts me on hold for another 15 minutes and tells me that they do in fact have my phone but I sent them the wrong phone back. Uhh...that's a hard no. I only had one phone and that's the one I sent back, it's been a year, where is my phone? She digs futher and tells me that the IMEI # I gave them says it should be silver and that I'm telling her its "space gray"............is this a joke? That is what apple calls silver for that model phone. This is a joke. It's been a year and I guess you just kept my phone hoping I wouldnt notice or say anything. She then comes back on the line and said they will be issuing me my $700 credit and it will be divided by the # of months or whatever sc*m she tried to say on my bill. I ask about this months billl which is STILL inaccurate and I've been overpaying for over a year now. She tells me that she will note my account that I do not have to pay this bill until  the credits apply because I actually will not owe them anything for this OR next month. (There's not even enough time left on my contract with them for them to apply the credits the way they initially should have and trust me i will definitely be going back to Tmobile)

Fast forward less than a week and I get a text message saying my phone is suspended for nonpayment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 4 year old twins in preschool right now. WHat if there is an emergency?!

I highly suggest never falling for one of this company's trade in promotion sc*ms and immediately going with ANY other phone carrier. Shame on you verizon!

0 Likes