Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Prepaid phone on postpaid account
Mmiller005

I purchased a prepaid phone, and met the requirement on the paperwork it came with to activate to my postpaid account.

but I cannot get it unlocked to use on my postpaid account.

verizon customer service phone number said they cannot do it and to take it to bestbuy where I purchased the phone, Best Buy told me to go to Verizon, the Verizon store sent me to the apple store to unlock. 

that didn’t work and I’m at the end of my line with it.

help!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Prepaid phone on postpaid account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mmiller005, it's important to us that you're able to use the prepaid phone you purchased on your postpaid account. What happens when you try to activate the device on your postpaid account? Has the device already been activated on the Verizon network and had the first month of service paid?

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes
coolmaxxb

Hello JesusG_VZW.

I’m in a similar situation. The short version is that I bought a prepaid phone today, paid $70 for a month of service for it, and then want to use my postpaid number/line/plan on the new prepaid phone. The box says I only need $50 to unlock it. After meeting that criteria, I’m still unable to use the new phone with my old line. Oddly enough, it shows up as registered/activated in the dashboard for my postpaid number, but I cannot make or receive calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is important that you are able to use your device, colmaxxb. Verizon Prepaid devices need to be active on a Verizon Prepaid line for 30 days before they are able to be activated on a postpaid Verizon Wireless line. Is this information useful?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes