Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon REFUSED to Honor Promotional Credit!!
mrtatanka

Anyone help? I was promised an $800 promotional credit for trading in my Android phone, purchasing an iPhone 13 pro and upgrading my plan. The iPhone is expensive and I would never have bought it without the credit!! Because it was such a deal I also purchased a new iPhone 3SE for my mother in law as well.

I have waited 3 billing cycles to see the credit and it has not shown up. I discussed with Verizon two times and this last time they told me I was not eligible for the credit and that there was nothing I could do!!

I have all of the paperwork from the purchase including the paperwork indicating the credit promotion but the Verizon agent said it did not matter. I offered to send it to them but they refused.

This is very frustrating and if I cannot get the credit I will be forced to leave Verizon. Someone told me I could pay off the phones, unlock them and switch to AT&T which is now offering $500 to switch and then $250 for each phone I bring over (I have 2 others) -- has anyone done this before???

Please help!!

@vzw_customer_support 

@coreym_vzw 

@yarelim_vzw 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon REFUSED to Honor Promotional Credit!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, mrtatanka. You are a valued customer and we do not want you to move from our Verizon family. We sent you a private message so that we can access the account and check on the eligibility of the promotion that you mentioned in your post. Please be assured that if you meet the requirements of the promotion we will be able to add the promotions to the account. Some promotions require that you have a specific plan and that you trade-in a specific device model to maximize the trade-in promotional value. 

-Antonio

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, mrtatanka. You are a valued customer and we do not want you to move from our Verizon family. We sent you a private message so that we can access the account and check on the eligibility of the promotion that you mentioned in your post. Please be assured that if you meet the requirements of the promotion we will be able to add the promotions to the account. Some promotions require that you have a specific plan and that you trade-in a specific device model to maximize the trade-in promotional value. 

-Antonio

0 Likes
DeweyElder

The exact same thing happened to us.  I received fishing texts and emails for a whole month of June and July which was $400 off iPhone 13 if I upgraded to an unlimited plan…  We upgraded both mine… and my husbands plan.  And they didn’t give us the deal on either phone.  I can’t believe this company.  I’ve had my plan with them we estimate about 15 years… and this is the treatment.  Well I guess loyalty is only one sided.  So disappointed with Verizon. Oh and yes again same thing on the trade in credit… it’s never been applied.  

Tags (2)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello DeweyElder, we've sent you a private note to better assist. 

~Baldo

0 Likes
DeweyElder

Baldo. Did the company or did the company not have a promotion at that time?  You don’t need the texts or emails bc the promo was also displayed everytime I logged into my account.  So I guess bc you are asking for evidence that you had a promo (even though countless others have same complaint on your Verizon community page) you have the audacity to ask me to prove you offered me a promo. Amazing

0 Likes