Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Rebate issue
Nsknick

Hello, 

On 10/02/2019 I stopped by a verizon store to inquire about adding a line, and porting my family members phone in. What mainly caused me to come in, was to take advantage of a $200 rebate when adding a line, and porting a new number in. 

The representative mentioned to me that 10/02/2019 was the last day to take advantage of this rebate. So I quickly added my family member to my plan, and also upgraded my phone. I was told my the representative that the number given to the line added, would be different from my brothers, due to my brother being mailed the phone in a different state. 

I was told my the representative, as long as I did everything in store on 10/02/2019, the rebate would go through, this was reassured to me by multiple team members. 

Well, today I've recieved an email stating that my request is invalid. When inquiring about the denial, the rebate center representative told me that adding a new line, and porting the number in, was not done on time. Even though I was assured that as long as I did everything on 10/02/2019, I would be eligible. 

I'm quite frustated as I'm not out $200, which I was really looking forward to receiving for the holidays. Is there anything else I can do? Or am I just out of luck? I'm tempted to take this higher to BBB or other institutions, as I feel very frustrated that I was cheated out of money. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Rebate issue
steele_esquire

I am in the same boat - I feel I was flat out lied to by the Verizon rep and the rebate center is of no help.  I have my paperwork that was goven to me and even sent in copies.

Verizon needs to do the right thing and honor their agreement.  Right now - I regret making the switch .

0 Likes
Nsknick

It's really a shame they treat customers like this. It should be a rebate that is directly mailed after first payment is made. Rather than the customer having to submit a bunch of paperwork in order to be given what is rightfully theirs. Unfortunately I don't think this message board is going to be of help, as I've read through other "Rebate" threads, and the responses from verizon reps are of no help, and seem computerized. 

0 Likes
deloused

If you provide the proof that you had also initiated the port in of your family member's phone number on the cutoff date, filing a notice of dispute to Verizon with that information may help you obtain the correct promotion 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Nsknick, we are grateful to learn that you added a new line of service and apologize for the issues you encountered with your $200.00 rebate. The rebates we offer are terrific and we want nothing more than to provide you the rebate you deserve. After you purchased the new device for the new line, did you visit https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/ to submit your rebate claim? Did you use promo code SEPTSWITCH200 and the purchase date?

To better assist you, I sent you a private message. Please reply as soon as you can.   

JacobV_VZW
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want to provide the best expectations, give what you were qualified for. In order for us to provide our best support, please reach out to us through your personal Facebook/Twitter account. Other ways to contact us would be found here: www.vzw.com/support/contact-us . We hope to hear from you very soon! MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Nsknick

I submited all the information that the sales rep told me to submit. Now I'm being told that it's past 30 days, so I can't do anything. So now I'm out $200? I'm infuriated that I keep getting the run around. I contact the verizon rebate center customer service, who tell me to contact verizon customer service, who then tell me to contact the rebate center customer service. Each customer service representative tells me something different.