Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Retired Employee discount stack with autopay discount
CG50

Can you please tell me if a retired Verizon employee can receive the employee discount and the autopay discount?  If no, the reason why not?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Retired Employee discount stack with autopay discount
KKFletcher

Good question and I have it, too!  I called both Fios customer service and Wireless customer service yesterday regarding the Home + Mobile discount (which I learned in that discount's terms is not stackable with employee discount).  However, BOTH reps proactively told me if I moved my Autopay to my checking account, I COULD get a discount applied.  I moved both accounts to autopay via checking account and then called Wireless customer service today to confirm the discount is applied.  The representative today said the autopay discount does NOT stack with the employee discount, but could not find anywhere in writing where it spells that out.  So I'm still not sure.  At the least, there is clearly a gap in documentation and rep training.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@CG50 wrote:

Can you please tell me if a retired Verizon employee can receive the employee discount and the autopay discount?  If no, the reason why not?

I am a retired Verizon (Business) employee receiving BOTH the employee AND autopay discount.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
CG50

Yes.  I too have wasted much time trying to get this much earned discount.  The customer service representatives are giving a lot of misinformation.  I thought by posting here we could get the right Verizon employee involved to correct this for their retirees.

0 Likes
CG50

Thanks for the input.  My guess is you had it on your account before you retired?

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@CG50 wrote:

Thanks for the input.  My guess is you had it on your account before you retired?

No, I did NOT have the autopay discount on my account prior to my retiring.  I was hesitant to use a checking/debit card and wanted to get reward points on my credit card.  After I retired and moved to Vermont, I changed and used my new bank account's debit card to activate the autopay and receive the discount.  I did that all online without issue and without any customer service rep involvement.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@CG50 wrote:

I just checked my account for discounts applied to my bill.  I have ONLY the employee discount and NOT the auto pay/paper free discount.  It appears the employee account does NOT allow the auto pay/paper free discount.  I have the Go Unlimited Plan.  I was assuming I had the auto pay/paper free discount but ONLY have it activated with NO discount.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there! We'd be happy to look into these concerns for you. In order to continue we'll need some additional details. Please send us a private note to continue. *Kris

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to have the right information. To qualify for the AutoPay discount, you need paperless billing and have a qualifying payment method (ACH account, debit card or Verizon Visa Card). Learn more here→ https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/ . If you are showing you have a qualifying payment method, please send a Private Note, so we can investigate this further and get it corrected. 

*Bee

0 Likes
CG50

I sent a private message to vzw_customer_support.  I had no way to route it to you.  I have wasted a few hours with VZW on this matter to no avail which is why I took it to this community blog.  The rule needs to be changed.  Retiree's deserve the autopay discount.

0 Likes