Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Store Manager Complaint
larrygaia

After experiencing a totally unprofessional incident and wasting about 1 hour not including driving time, I had to get this off my chest.  So with not finding any email for customer service, I started a chat which got me nowhere as they said they couldn't handle a complaint but would have Verizon call me "right away".  About 2 hours later received a call from a person in customer service who sakd they couldn't handle complaints but would transfer me.  About another 15 minutes on hold, someone picked up apparently now from sales who of course couldn't help  She said she would transfer me to the escalation department and here I wait - so far 15 more minutes.  So what the heck, figured I'd post for what ever good it would do.

So I went to my local Verizon store this morning to look into upgrading my phone.  After about 10 minutes a manager came over, took my name and I was told to continue waiting  With no one else waiting and him just standing there I asked him if he could just help.  He said no, he was a manger and couldn't help with sales.  Another 10 minutes, 2 more people came in, he took their names and they were told to wait.  A few minutes later, a sales rep comes over, asks me what I was there for and after telling him, he tells me to wait again.  I asked if I could at least look at the phones, he said sure and so I went over to look at them.  About 10 minutes later I look around and the 2 people that were behind me are at desks - 1 with a sales rep and the other with the manager.  I go over to the manager and was told the one with the sales rep had an appointment....which I know was untrue as I heard them check in.  They were only there earlier and was told to come back but no official appointment.  The 2nd person was with the manager so I went over to him and asked what was going on.  He said they were not there for sales so he was able to help them with other issues.  So I went back to waiting and noticed that since I came in there were two Verizon reps with one person at one of the sales desks.  I went over and asked why 2 and was told by one of them he was a manager.  I said really - store has two managers? And why two staff for one person and why can't you just help?  No reply so went back to the 1st manager and asked what was going on - why two managers and neither able to help.  No response so walked out.  Just unbelievable, there has to be a better way 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Store Manager Complaint
larrygaia

just one more add - the next person to pick up, after a total wait for 54 minutes - was unfortunately not the complaint the department, back to customer care.  So she said she was working from home would take down my information and send it to her supervisor.  She put me on hold and guess what......DISCONNECTED.  Hoping she would call back as she knew who I was and had my phone number.....after 10 minutes, chances are slim to none. 

0 Likes
MGV2021

I have had the same customer service problems with our local store. I had a 2 for 1 phone deal they messed up. The Verizon stores are now only the name Verizon. They seem to be totally disconnected from the company Verizon. At one time they would call and fix problems for you. With my problem, I went to the manager and told him about it and he dialed the Verizon customer service number and handed me the phone. I could have done that at home myself.

Good Luck

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Go to best buy, much easier.  Got my husband a new phone there Saturday.   Can order for curbside pick up and it will already be activated.  I went in because I wanted to pay cash, in and out in 5min and paid the sale price in cash so no monthly  payments or hassles to worry about discounts.    

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

After reviewing the feedback you've shared here, it saddens us to hear that you weren't provided with the world-class customer service our customers have come to expect from Verizon. I apologize for your inconvenience and we will lift this matter up to our Leadership Team for review. This is not the way we treat our customers and we'd like to turn this around. We'll work even harder to earn your customer loyalty. Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously. We're here to help you in any way we can. How does this work for you? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We apologize that your wait time has been longer than expected due to high volumes and reduced support hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'd be disappointed too if I were placed on hold, only to have the call dropped. Due to the urgency of this matter, and since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MGV2021, we are truly sorry to hear about your overall experience. Making sure you receive top-notch support at all times is vital. All of your feedback is appreciated and we will forward your concern to the proper channels.

Upgrading to a new device should always be a joyous experience. We will be more than happy to assist you along the way. What questions did you have about the upgrade process https://vz.to/2kWgopR? Which device are you interested in? 

0 Likes
larrygaia

so I got the private message, responded to it and no answer for over a week.  Now what?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

larrygaia, we're still here and available to assist. As we do address all concerns via the messaging platform in which we've been reached out at, we will need you to authenticate your account. Should you feel comfortable doing so, please reach back out to us via private message advising of that consent and we'll provide you with an authentication link. 

0 Likes
larrygaia

your response is unclear as to exactly what to do.  I already replied via private message.  No one responded, no link was sent, so not sure what you want from me at this point.  Quite frankly not sure what I want from you.  I just wanted you to know that the way your managers treat customers is unacceptable.  What you do about it is your business at this point.

0 Likes