Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Trade In Program Fraudulent?
dj2085

I received an offer for a $350 account credit for my Pixel 3 as I was upgrading to Pixel 6. I have proof that the item was received, and I have received $0. I spoke with several agents and it has been extremely frustrating. The last one I spoke to said they would open a case and they thought there was an issue because I bought my Pixel 6 outright (despite this never being mentioned as an issue during the trade in process). That agent said she would open a case to get the $350 credited, but she didn't give me a case number, I suspect because she didn't actually open a case. I want the $350 credited to my account ASAP.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Trade In Program Fraudulent?
zoeybones

Every promotion that I was offered to switch over to Verizon has been ignored or worse.  We got phones at Costco and my husband's phone was supposed to be free.  I was charged full price.  We were told it was an issue with Costco, which is ridiculous.  I signed a contract with Verizon, not Costco.  The man working at Costco told me that have had an increase in issues with Verizon that I wish I would have been aware of prior to switching carriers.  My phone was supposed to be free after trading in my Galaxy Note 10+.  After waiting forever, I was told that they received a different phone entirely, one I have never seen or owned, and would be getting no credit.  I am beyond irate! I traded in an Iphone 11 Pro Max on my daughter's line and was told I would get a 1000.00 credit for new phone.  Then they lowered the amount by almost 600.00 and again blamed that on Costco and I still have received nothing even though they said they received "the correct" phone several months ago.  I filled out promotional paperwork for reimbursement of final bill from previous carrier and turned in necessary paperwork which clearly showed a zero balance due on all phones.  Now they are saying, the paperwork did not show "nothing" was owed on phones.  I am pretty sure that is what a zero balance is.  Oh, and I also sent in my nursing license and filled out a form for a discount they offered for nurses and was told it would take effect in 60-90 days.  That was back in October 2021 and when I just asked about it, was told they had nothing on file.  The support line is horrible with messages disappearing and not being answered.  Then, your support request claims it is solved and closes.  I don't dare talk to anybody on the phone anymore as I want screen shots of all communication.   I was with T-mobile and Sprint for 18+ years and never had the dishonesty and downright stealing that Verizon has displayed in the months I have paid for their services.  Who do we report this to besides the BBB?  The FCC?  I am sure this is a widespread issue and it has now become a matter of principle. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, zoeybones. We are very sorry to hear about these experiences that you've had regarding making sure that you are receiving the correct promotions and making sure that you're employee discount is validated on your Verizon Wireless account. We appreciate your contributions to the medical field and we certainly want to make sure that each of your inquiries are taken care of properly. We understand that you mentioned that you were informed that a different device was received for trade-in other than the one that you actually did trade-in. So that we are updated, can you please share with us the make and model of the device that you were informed that we received? -Brett

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're motivated to ensure you get every promotion you're entitled to. We've sent a private note to you. Please respond as soon as you're able, and we can get to work. We look forward to hearing from you.

*Damien

0 Likes