Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Trade In SCAM
TAmyT

Anyone having this issue and how are you dealing with it???

I took Verizon up on the “deal” they had around Christmas time. Trade in your old phone for up to $579.99 and get a new iPhone 10 mini for $5 a month for 24 months ($120 total) plus taxes. Wow what a deal I thought! I didn’t need a new phone but for $120 that new camera advancements would really look great with the work I do. I Looked on eBay and I could have sold my iPhone 8plus for $350 but after doing the Verizon trade in estimate they said my phone was due to get the $579.99 for a trade in as it was in excellent condition.

well a few weeks later and I get an email that after inspecting my phone I am no longer getting the original trade in estimate??  It says “adjustment reason: we have received a different device than expected, Better qualifying promotion found”

what???

the device they were expecting is connected to my phone number that I bought from them over two years ago. Listed right on my account attached to my phone number and it’s also the phone I put into there trade in estimate calculator thing they offered on their website. Why were they expecting a different phone??? Also what’s up with the better qualifying promotion found?

Spoke with a lady from Verizon today (finally was able to get an actual person on the phone after many tries) she said she was going to try and help by finding another promotion she could apply but she won’t be able to get me the $579.99 
unfortunately with Verizon’s great service I dropped the call... and of course did not receive a call back. Yay so excited to try and deal with this again tomorrow. 

I want my old phone back!! nothing was wrong with it I just thought that as a loyal customer to Verizon that they were offering there clients a good deal as an upgrade. How wrong was I!! The lady told me my phone has already been recycled “refurbished and going to be resold” so they gave me $133 and will now sell my perfectly good phone for $400 plus... all because they tricked me into their scam! This is garbage and should be illegal.

I am not done.

I will demand they give me an iPhone 8plus back and send their iPhone 12 mini back!  How dare Verizon go scamming loyal customers while so many of us are struggling trying to find work and pay our bills during this pandemic. They ought to be ashamed of themselves! Big corporations stealing from the working class. How typical

Re: Verizon Trade In SCAM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. 

COBRA9797

Im having exact issue was promised 579.99 and sent back a perfect iphone 7 128gb and got 51.00, come on this is absurd. Im an employee of verizon and i get this garbage.....

9wood

Others have same or similar problem also with promotion etc get told one thing and they do another seems they have same delay tactics wait and wait and maybe the promotion or credit may appear and oops promotion is over now 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We truly regret any issues with the value of your trade, COBRA9797. Here in Social Media, we are unable to access employee accounts. Please contact us by phone or chat for further assistance in this matter.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Hello1purple

Why would it be private?  We all want to know how it was resolved.  Since their was more than one person with the same problem, I' surely not biting on the offer without proof that Verizon fixed the problem!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We'd love to help you with your promotion! Please send us a Private Note so that we can access your account, okay?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
ConcernedCustomerBBB

This just happened to me I was promised by many customer service people $750 for my perfect iPhone 10x towards an iPhone 12 I sent in my 10x and I was only given $176 for it now they've stolen my phone and locked me into a contract for 24 months and I have to pay them for a brand new phone I feel sick to my stomach Verizon maybe the worst company in the world to do this to a new customer.

This is illegal Verizon is criminal posed the money they promised us and more money for the stress caused. I will hate Verizon for the rest of my days.

Miiketran

Just happened to me as well.... My phone was verified via phone for trade-in value then in store when I sent in.

I upgraded my plan so that I can get the trade in value of $440. I just received a value of merely $42 and the email said the reason is: We have received a different device than expected, Better qualifying promotion found....

This was not the case as the Verizon employee verified my phone... there were no scratches or damages either! Nobody on the Verizon team has returned my email and this is really unprofessional. I've been a Verizon customer for over 15 years and can't believe this is the level of service provided

Lft4747

Same thing happening to me. Complete SCAM!